• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test Print- Missing Cyan most of the time

Skye

Hello. thanks for taking a min to read.
i have a roland sp 540. my cyan, on the print test is firing all the lines fine.
then i print a job, colours are wrong, do another print test most of the cyan is missing. this has been going on for a few days now. it is a hit and miss if the colours are the same as the job before. i clean at least once a week, replaced the cap tops, blades, wippers, sponges. cleaned the drain lines from the cap tops to the pump and to the ink tank. I did not change the dampers. but had the cover off and all the dampers have ink in them. do i have a air leak?
any ideas would be great. our tech is 4 hours away, i put in a service call...he is away until the 16th.
thanks people =)

Skye

artbot

so the cyan immediately starves itself? pull that cyan and stick it to another head adapter nipple. see if the cyan wants to print from say the magenta position. if it does, it's a vacuum issue, if it won't print from any position, it is a resistant supply. it's probably supply (clogged damper, clogged line, bad cart, damaged piercing nipple).

Skye

Print Tests

i have attached some pictures to better explain.
good test.jpg was done tonight. pressed print and job finished but colours off.
did a other print test and changed ink and got bad test.jpg..
skye

Attachments

• good test.jpg
    good test.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 100
  • bad test.jpg
    bad test.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 94

Skye

fill ink lines

I have switched my cyan ink line with my magenta. i do not have a syringe.
is there a way to fill the ink lines? they are empty and not printing.

thanks
Skye

Ragnabrok

I'd call it 95% likely one of these 2. Most likely, damper. 2nd would be an empty ink cart that isn't triggering the empty ink switch.

Pull the cart and see if it really is empty or not, should it feel nowhere near empty change the damper :)