• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test Print problem

Mattc

My test print looks like attached image. It was OK few months ago but I don't know when, it prints this way all the time. I tried cleaning and soaking head many times, but black nozzles pattern never changed. What's wrong with this and how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Matt

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 100

Mattc

zlqhem?

Oh, I forgot to tell the model. It's SP540V.

My test print looks like attached image. It was OK few months ago but I don't know when, it prints this way all the time. I tried cleaning and soaking head many times, but black nozzles pattern never changed. What's wrong with this and how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Matt

artbot

if standard soaks don't do it, pull the head and manually clean the head. it might be recoverable.... if not chinese suppliers are selling these heads for $545, so it's not the end of the world if it never comes back.. but i bet it will.

Kendo

Hi Mattc,
I have had the same problem with my SP540v on a few occasions. Soaking doesn't always give the desired result. I trick I was shown (and it has worked for me in the past) is to put some Roland cleaning fluid into a syringe and force it through the head via the ink feed tube a few times after you've done the soak routine. You can do this without removing the head, by moving the head carriage to the left a bit , away from the capping stations, and putting some absorbent material/tissues etc under the head)Then, move the head carriage back over the capping stations and wind them up firm against the heads. Leaving the ink drain tube attached to the underside of the Black/Bluecapping station, remove the other end from the pump and attach it to your syringe and use it as a 'vacuum pump'. This will suck/draw fresh Black&Blue ink through the head.
Its uses some ink but it's a lot cheaper than a new head. Failing this, I think that 'artbot' has the answer. I've had to go that way too a couple of times as the test pattern detiorated.

Kendo

Read the reply from "Chopper" under the heading NO BLACK INK AFTER HEAD CLEAN!!!

He explains the flushing technique better that I did...