Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texans: Please keep your weather to yourself

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by signcrafters london, Apr 26, 2011.

1. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    For a solid week you guys have been generating severe storms and sending them our way. Enough is enough. I'll never complain about Canadians exporting their cold fronts again. Sub-freezing temps are a PITA, but they can't blow the roof off my house.

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    I grew up in NE Texas and winters could be harsh compared to what a normal southern winter is used to even to what I have to deal with as far north as I moved up to. I'm surprised that you are getting the stuff from Texas though, I know mid. TN is still within the same jet stream as my hometown in TX, but I would have thought you were far enough up north to miss it.

Don't feel too bad though about the current weather setup. I'm in the process of trying to chip up 9 old growth trees that had their tops ripped off either by straight winds or a little "mini" funnel.

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    Hey, Don't blame me!. We just got our first significant rain fall in about 2 mos.
    Most of these systems are forming just east of us and moving your way. We
    are due for more today they say will flair up east of Dallas the move out. Don't
    want any wind either, but could use the wet stuff.