• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Texas' High-school Football Obsession and half million dollar sign

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, I think I said that in the very first post.

Initially the board passed it and it was coming from the school district, then the newspaper published it and everyone got into an uproar. After like a day or two they backtracked and magically got a donor to come up with a half million dollars like the next day... all very fishy

MikePro

edited: oops! you said school taxes. Still, $16 per .....WOW. Everyone flipping out up here in wisco with a recent increase to $10.5 in my school district, especially since they conveniently reassesed everyone's property values at +20% this year.
anyhow, sounds like the "loan donation" is just a fancy term for payment plan with intention to pay-off with advertisement revenue, and upcharged in anticipation of debt service.

Last edited:

TimToad

What's worse is they hurry building those stadiums, to get BONUSES for early finish, then they start crumbling before they even open for use. Has happened TWICE! Allen and then McKinney.

With the hostility towards regulations and the "guvmint" there, it wouldn't matter if they took longer to build them. Corners will always be cut if people know nobody is watching them.

Look what the idiots did in all the national parks during the shutdown just because there weren't any baby sitters around to police them. They say the damage in Joshua Tree will take 300 years for nature to cover it up.

Stacey K

I like making signs
That's one heck of a sign! We are getting a new stadium at our high school complete with artificial turf...I wonder if our sign will be as nice...I HOPE NOT!