• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

text boarder

pablo11059

hi all,

i use corel draw 12, and i am trying to make a border around the text. i can do this in our cutting software but i can not figure out how to in draw.

IE.. any text with a outline border around the shape of the text.

thanks in advance for your help

pablo11059

hi

well the contour boxes are greyed out ? cant seen to get to these features ? not sure what to do there either ? its a full version with no problems with the softwear im sure its a user issue :)

joeshaul

Both of the above!
Contour will create an actual vector shape, however does not allow for rounded edges or the like.

Outlines will let you do things such as rounded edges, dashed patterns, etc. Dunno bout 12, but in 13 you can convert the outline to a vector if needed, although sometimes it'll cause the program to have a heart attack.

pablo11059

finishline,

what i mean is outline/inline boarder around the text. really the text then an in/out boarder around the letters i assume it would be adjustable as well.

thanks

J Hill Designs

yeah just outline it...or contour both inside and outside...maybe a picture of what you need to accomplish would help us out

basicmetal

I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, but if you have 2 separate objects selected, you will not be able to put a contour on them. You could try to group them together & then contour or select them separately.

pablo11059

ok this is an example of what im trying to do . it really just boarders the text. i want to be able to do this to any text i make if possible.

thanks a lot guys

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

pablo11059

pat,

you are the master :) thanks to all of you this is exactly what i was looking for. i knew it cold be done.

have a good week all