• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Text "end stretch" in Flexi?

trakers

What I mean is where the end letters are taller than the middle ones.

The tops of the text remains flat while the bottom curves, longer at the end.

You see this a lot of time with additional smaller text tucked up in the curve.

Below is crude example.

Attachments

• crude-example.gif
    crude-example.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 124

slappy

i tried to accomplish that effect in flexi but haven't figured a way to do it there. I know photoshop allows you to keep the top part of the letters in a straight line and angle the bottom or reverse like this pic i found. If anyone does have a way to get that look in flexi, please share cause i'd like to know also
tps5.gif

gvgraphics

You can do this in flexi by selecting the text, going to effects - distort and then selecting the arch-top distort. You can them move the top up or down. You can also follow the same directions and then use the buttons in the deign center to rotate the arch to the top or bottom.

Hope this helps.

slappy

i forgot about that, so if you want to arch the bottom, you'd have to mirror the image probably and work upside down for a minute till you get what you want, then mirror it again. I just tried it and it works! Just takes so time to get it to look right before you mirror it right side up. Thanks GV!

Last edited:

myronb

i forgot about that, so if you want to arch the bottom, you'd have to mirror the image probably and work upside down for a minute till you get what you want, then mirror it again. I just tried it and it works! Just takes so time to get it to look right before you mirror it right side up. Thanks GV!

You can mirror the effect in design central, so you don't have to mirror the object.

Myron

Graphics2u

No need to mirror the image just select the text or object choose Distort then choose Arch-Top then use the 4 buttons in design Central to rotate which way the arch goes. Try it you'll see what I mean. You can have the arch on the top the left , the right or the bottom.

gvgraphics

You can mirror the effect in design central, so you don't have to mirror the object.

Myron

Thats what I was trying to say. You can mirror the effect only in the design central box. Just set your distort and then click the rotate tab on the design central box, use the 4 buttons to mirror it. This will only effect the distort.

slappy

sorry trakers for being a :thread

it amazes me that i've been working with flexi 2 years now and still learn new things on occassion with the program