• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

text path ? Can it be done

K

kevco

I need to place some text at an angle. I did this example manually. I would think that there should be some way to get the program to do this. I run 6.5 pro. :help:

Attachments

• post-3161-1149592330_thumb.jpg
    post-3161-1149592330_thumb.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 75

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If your program has a "Text on Path" capability, then you can do it. Just draw a line at the angle you want, select the Type on path tool, click on the path and start typing. The only difference will be the orientation of the type to be perpendicular with the path you have drawn.

If you need the type to remain vertical, then the only ay to achieve it will be a slant applied to the letters that offsets the angle of the path you're typing on.

K

kevco

Fred Weiss said:
If your program has a "Text on Path" capability, then you can do it. Just draw a line at the angle you want, select the Type on path tool, click on the path and start typing. The only difference will be the orientation of the type to be perpendicular with the path you have drawn.

If you need the type to remain vertical, then the only ay to achieve it will be a slant applied to the letters that offsets the angle of the path you're typing on.
Thanks Fred. I had the text on path figured out but couldn't figure out to to get my letters back vertical. Never thought of putting an offsetting slant in the letters.

aaron1776

once you get the text on the path, break it apart from the path, then convert the text to outlines and rotate each letter one at a time using colines to make sure your getting them straight, it can take sometime but thats why you get paid the BIG BUCKS

Hope that will help