• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Text Templates

LINDA BERARD

Designing Signs Since 1978
Is it possible, in Composer, to condense your text to a particular degree and use it as a template? So all you have to do is highlight the text and type over it---so that the new word will be condensed the same percentage as your original text. OR do you have to enter new text and assign the percentage every time?

JulieS

You can definitely double-click the text (or swipe if you're using "Text on the Work Surface") and change the text, but the "forced length %" will change to force the new text into the same LENGTH as the previous text. I don't know of a way to make it keep the same percentage. I just write down or remember the percentage I want and change that every time I change the text. It would be nice not to have to do that, though. Maybe someone else knows....

LINDA BERARD

Designing Signs Since 1978
You can definitely double-click the text (or swipe if you're using "Text on the Work Surface") and change the text, but the "forced length %" will change to force the new text into the same LENGTH as the previous text. I don't know of a way to make it keep the same percentage. I just write down or remember the percentage I want and change that every time I change the text. It would be nice not to have to do that, though. Maybe someone else knows....
Thank you Julie. My coworker also couldn’t find a way to do it either and he’s been using Composer daily for over 10 years, I have been spoiled by CorelDraw I guess. Thanks again.