• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Textured Canvas

BANNERS2GO

Does anyone know of or use a canvas that looks like it was painted when printed? I looked at neschen, aurora textile, sihl, 3p, and ultraflexx. Saw nothing. I remember seeing a canvas that was embossed with paint strokes at the last ISA show but can't remember who it was. It will be printed w/ either UV or Solvent. Thanks for any help.

MikePro

a lot of printers actually add the paint texture themselves after printing.
can proly contract someone's kid to do it for $5.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you want actual physical texture or would the illusion of texture do?

If the former then continue your quest for a textured media.

If the latter you might look into something like Alien Skin Snap Art. It will add completely controllable faux brush strokes complete with equally controllable highlights giving the illusion of dimension.

Gene@mpls

What you are looking for is a clear gel gesso(we use medium gel Tri-art- very thick clear that leaves brush strokes.

W

wetgravy

What you are looking for is a clear gel gesso(we use medium gel Tri-art- very thick clear that leaves brush strokes.

+1, any solid body clear gel medium will do this. Heavy body works well, though I like regular. Top with an acrylic varnish with a UV rating to help with protection from light and to help prevent air particles from sticking to and staining the gel medium (it's will absorb smoke/fine dirt/flatulence/etc). oh, and try to make it thin application of gel medium ... a little goes a long way ... too much and you end up with something looking cheap.

Edit: I have to do this to a few prints this week, if I get around to it I will make a video for you to see the basics of it.