• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

textured or custom vinyl swatch library

ccuddey

i did a search looking for a library of sorts that would have useable swatches for things like carbon fiber vinyl or gold spiral vinyl. There are a lot of other texture/special finish vinyls out there that i would like to better portray to the customer what it will look like through design in adobe illustrator. So i was hoping 3m, avery or places that make this type of film might have a swatch library of sorts to add to the design before overlaying or applying.

here is an example of what i'm looking for.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 12734161_10204153806243795_4744740310017136577_n.jpg
    12734161_10204153806243795_4744740310017136577_n.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 106

niksagkram

A good idea, but it is fairly simple to embed images into shapes to get the effect you want. Just set-up your own library of images in advance, and place them in your file when you need them. Google is your friend! :)

Good luck,

Mark

ccuddey

That was going to be the plan if I couldn't find a library. Was just hoping I could download a library and have it open and ready to go inside of either creating a clipping mask or drawing inside. I do a lot of overlays so thought a library would be easier.

niksagkram

That was going to be the plan if I couldn't find a library. Was just hoping I could download a library and have it open and ready to go inside of either creating a clipping mask or drawing inside. I do a lot of overlays so thought a library would be easier.

Like I said, a good idea. I do know that Roland have a textured swatch for Illustrator, though it is limited, so it is possible. Attached image. Hard to see, but they are textured swatches.

attachment.php

Mark

Attachments

• Illy textured swatch.jpg
    Illy textured swatch.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 119