• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Textured wall fix

aerial

QCB
Vinyl is coming loose in one area on this textured wall wrap after 10 days. IJ8624, laminated. I think that I didn't heat/roll enough in this area. (end of a long day)
I called 3M for advice, no help. I am thinking of peeling back the loose part and either using spray adhesive or wallpaper glue to stick it back down. I don't know if just reheating and rolling will work. The rest of the wall looks ok.

Any advice on how to fix this
is greatly appreciated.
HY.jpg

JBurton

Signtologist
I've pulled back an ATM wrap like this, applied 3m 467mp to it, and stuck the wrap back down. My issue was the epoxy coating on the atm's, and all those wraps ended up removed and replaced.

aerial

QCB
Thanks. This material looked really good when we left, then popped back off over a week later. I pulled down the loose corner, sprayed on some 3M spray adhesive, and went over the whole thing again with heat and roller. Also ran edge tape at the top so it can't just fall off if it gets loose again.

We have been doing a lot of these wall wraps for over a year and never had this problem. The wall hasn't been painted in years, but looks in good condition with semi gloss paint. We just install, and don't know what's going on at the printer. Should have done a test for longer than a week. The school will probably be ok if we can keep it looking decent and not fall off the wall. We have a 5' x 20" and a 5' x 10' hanging at a high height.