• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Textured Wall Paper

dlndesign

I have a client I installed some dimensional lettering to their wall the other day and one of the pieces has already come off. Now it went on a textured wall paper, I am not sure if this is normal or if I should expect more problems from it. Also the piece that was up was a 3" x 48" inch solid rectangle 2lb foam with metal lam. Has anyone had a similar situation or a possible fix for this?

thanks

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Did you just goop the letters on or pin mount/adhesive them on?

tanneji

Pins are angle straight pins that we usually use putting ADA signs onto cubicle walls. basically they are a 1"x1" square of plastic with an angled (90 degree bend near the plastic) pin coming out the back. They slide into cloth/textures fairly well. they are tricky for getting perfectly level though.

J Hill Designs

when I pin-mount dimensional letters, I just cut heads off small finishing nails and glue them in - push on wall to set points, take off and drill out undersized, then push in all the way, and usually still use adhesive/DST

dlndesign

Thanks I think thats what I'll have to do, I can't really add more cost to this job. So come finishing nails and adhesive should do the trick. Thanks for all your help guys.