• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thank A Veteran Today

Stealth Ryder

I ask you to simply shake the hand of any Veteran you meet today and say Thank You. You will be suprised how welcomed those words will be. Thank you to all my brothers & sisters who have served and given thier lives for our nation and for your safety. Thank You Very Much...

AUTO-FX

My thanks go out as well !

Often think i should have went in the military straight out of high school.

MikePro

+1 to should have enlisted... wasted 4 years up at UW-Madison just to come back home to finish, and hang myself with loads of student loan debt!

My grandfather, USMC IwoJima veteran, just turned 91 yesterday! One of three surviving Iwo Jima veterans in Wisconsin! Also the founder of my company, so he still thinks its ok to come to the shop every week and try to hijack aluminum scraps to recycle... and ride my ass in front of all the union laberors :)

Think I'll take lunch today to go clean his gutters. Happy Veterans Day!

Stealth Ryder

+1 to should have enlisted... wasted 4 years up at UW-Madison just to come back home to finish, and hang myself with loads of student loan debt!

My grandfather, USMC IwoJima veteran, just turned 91 yesterday! One of three surviving Iwo Jima veterans in Wisconsin! Also the founder of my company, so he still thinks its ok to come to the shop every week and try to hijack aluminum scraps to recycle... and ride my ass in front of all the union laberors :)

Think I'll take lunch today to go clean his gutters. Happy Veterans Day!

:thumb: :thumb: :unclesam:

surf city

Thanks to all the vets your service is greatly appreciated. My dad was in the Air Force for 20 years, he still tells stories of combat like it was yesterday. He enlisted the last day of high school and left the day after graduation.

SignBurst PCs

As a disabled veteran, it warms my heart to hear such kind words. Thank you all for appreciating what veterans sacrifice for this country.

I too would like to thank my fellow veterans and all those currently in the Armed Forces.

I would also like to thank all of the supportive spouses and parents of those who have served in uniform. Without that support, our military couldn't be the effective fighting force it is.

Stealth Ryder

As a disabled veteran, it warms my heart to hear such kind words. Thank you all for appreciating what veterans sacrifice for this country.

I too would like to thank my fellow veterans and all those currently in the Armed Forces.

I would also like to thank all of the supportive spouses and parents of those who have served in uniform. Without that support, our military couldn't be the effective fighting force it is.

Nicely Said... :wavingflag:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would like to thank everyone of you... past present and future for serving your country without question.

Your efforts and sacrifices do not go unnoticed.... not at all.

Today in our town we are grieving for a fallen local boy who died earlier this week. In my opinion, he was a hero. :wavingflag:

The Department of Defense announced that 27-year-old Spc. Anthony Vargas of Reading, Pa., died Monday of wounds he sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device in Nangarhar province.

He had three kids and a wife.

:wavingflag:

Stealth Ryder

I would like to thank everyone of you... past present and future for serving your country without question.

Your efforts and sacrifices do not go unnoticed.... not at all.

Today in our town we are grieving for a fallen local boy who died earlier this week. In my opinion, he was a hero. :wavingflag:

The Department of Defense announced that 27-year-old Spc. Anthony Vargas of Reading, Pa., died Monday of wounds he sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device in Nangarhar province.

He had three kids and a wife.

The Vargas family will be in my prayers from now on along with the rest who have sacrificed so much...

Colin

Thank you.

Attachments

• Troops.jpg
    Troops.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 44

phototec

Happy Veterans Day!

I joined the the Army right out of high school and found myself in Vietnam 9 months later, served 18 months in Vietnam, the last 6 months as a combat photographer (attached photo), it was very different when I returned home in 1970, no one thanked us, we were looked at in a different light compared to our returning troops today.

The first decade after returning home, I would almost never mention the fact that I served in Vietnam, then later it was a little easier to talk about when asked or the subject came up. Now forty years later, looking back, I finally can hold my heat up with a since of pride, knowing that I answered the call to duty for my country, didn't burn my draft card or leave the country, made the 18 month sacrifice, paid my dues for the freedom so many take for granted.

Please try and remember to always thank the solders who go off to foreign lands in the name of FREEDOM, even if you disagree with the politicians in the government who send them into harms way.

I too thank all my fellow veterans and all those who are currently serving our great country in the name of preserving our FREEDOM.

Attachments

• Jon Inside Chopper Vietnam 1969.jpg
    Jon Inside Chopper Vietnam 1969.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 136
  • if_you_love_your_freedom_thank_a_veteran.jpg
    if_you_love_your_freedom_thank_a_veteran.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 102

Stealth Ryder

I joined the the Army right out of high school and found myself in Vietnam 9 months later, served 18 months in Vietnam, the last 6 months as a combat photographer (attached photo), it was very different when I returned home in 1970, no one thanked us, we were looked at in a different light compared to our returning troops today.

The first decade after returning home, I would almost never mention the fact that I served in Vietnam, then later it was a little easier to talk about when asked or the subject came up. Now forty years later, looking back, I finally can hold my heat up with a since of pride, knowing that I answered the call to duty for my country, didn't burn my draft card or leave the country, made the 18 month sacrifice, paid my dues for the freedom so many take for granted.

Please try and remember to always thank the solders who go off to foreign lands in the name of FREEDOM, even if you disagree with the politicians in the government who send them into harms way.

I too thank all my fellow veterans and all those who are currently serving our great country in the name of preserving our FREEDOM.

:goodpost: Thank You from a fellow Combat Veteran...:wavingflag: