• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanks Again for the Concern....

Arlo Kalon 2.0

This thought has been on my mind since yesterday and I just have to voice it in here. The people who offered to take up a collection to help me pay the down payment required for a needed surgery yesterday really got to me. I told my story and in less than half an hour the fund drive was underway. You people ROCK! I live in here everyday because of the worldwide network of people I consider to be friends I haven't personally met... yet. I'm in touch with so many personalities I can accurately predict what many of your responses are going to be in various threads. I don't even have that kind of closeness with many of the people I see daily in real life. While I would like to have the surgery sooner than a few months from now when I'll have the money, I just couldn't accept the offer. I'm sure there will be a very deserving hardship case we'll become aware of again as has happened in the past in here. I'm proud to be part of a community online that responds and rises to the needs of its members. You people are one true class act.

Marlene

if things should change, just let us know. take care of yourself! folks here may clash from time to time in threads but when it comes right down to it, we are one big family.

Tim Aucoin

I have to agree about people on this forum being a real class act! :thumb: In the short time I've been a member here, I've seen some incredible gestures of charity when someone is truly in need. It's funny how we as human beings can step up to help out a total stranger... especially someone whom we've only chatted with a little on an on-line forum. That says so much about the membership on here. I've helped out a few on here in the past, and I'd do it again in a heart beat if the need were to arise. I truly believe in the "pay it forward" philosophy. My life has been truly blessed, and whenever I see an opportunity to pay it forward and I'm in a position to help, I do. I know that a lot of you on here live that philosophy also, and that makes Signs101 quite a unique place, and I'm truly proud to know so many of you whether I've met you or not. And that includes you Arlo! :smile:

TheSellOut

This is a great forum and it was a great gesture to help Arlo! I am pround to be a part of this community and would be more than glad to help, so Arlo if the money you are expecting falls through...then you better let us know!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I am pround to be a part of this community and would be more than glad to help, so Arlo if the money you are expecting falls through...then you better let us know!

I have no problem with that. I learned long ago never to rob people of a blessing by not letting them help you.

The first surgery I had was a horrendous event brought on by spontaneous massive internal bleeding. I was left so weak I couldn't lift a gallon of milk for a few months afterwards and was out of work for about 6 months. An old guy came over to visit me and he told me he knew I was worrying about money for my family. He told me any amount I needed to call a phone number he left and leave a message on answering machine. I had too much pride to accept his offer - even though I was being harassed by mortgage company with foreclosure threats. I eventually lost the house. The old guy died a few months later and it came out that he had 2 worthless kids who were fighting over a million plus inheritance. I'm sure he would rather I had gotten some of it and I've always regretted not letting him help me. I've told that story a few times to people I've helped when times were prosperous for me. Big believer in paying it forward.

Marlene

I have no problem with that. I learned long ago never to rob people of a blessing by not letting them help you.

The first surgery I had was a horrendous event brought on by spontaneous massive internal bleeding. I was left so weak I couldn't lift a gallon of milk for a few months afterwards and was out of work for about 6 months. An old guy came over to visit me and he told me he knew I was worrying about money for my family. He told me any amount I needed to call a phone number he left and leave a message on answering machine. I had too much pride to accept his offer - even though I was being harassed by mortgage company with foreclosure threats. I eventually lost the house. The old guy died a few months later and it came out that he had 2 worthless kids who were fighting over a million plus inheritance. I'm sure he would rather I had gotten some of it and I've always regretted not letting him help me. I've told that story a few times to people I've helped when times were prosperous for me. Big believer in paying it forward.

what a great story and life lesson. it is true that one of the blessings of being human is our ability to help each other. keep us in mind and know that you have friends who are out there who care and are always here, a few clicks away.

petrosgraphics

arlo,

try to understand, we just never know when something bad will happen..
we are all fragile....

how is this for an idea, have the surgery now, with our help, then when you

are back on your feet, feeling better, use the money that would have paid for the

surgery and give it to someone or a group in need...

it could be the gift that keeps on giving........

take good care

tcorn1965

arlo,

try to understand, we just never know when something bad will happen..
we are all fragile....

how is this for an idea, have the surgery now, with our help, then when you

are back on your feet, feeling better, use the money that would have paid for the

surgery and give it to someone or a group in need...

it could be the gift that keeps on giving........

take good care

+1 This is a great idea. Like it was discussed earlier on signs 101, pay it forward (one of my favorite movies). Don't live in pain, when you have friends that can help, trust me Arlo most of us live in a world that health care is a luxury not a necessity, I wish I had a group like signs 101 when I was living paycheck to paycheck raising a child with a deductible and co-pay that never got met...right away; back then, they (health care) were more forgiving if you made an effort. Count me in for a few bucks...then when you can...pay it forward.

Terry