• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanks to all your Replys got AXYZ Millenium Router working.

meandmyminions

Thank You for all your Reply's and comments on the AXYZ Millenium Router I was working on. I solved the problem today. Part of the Emergency Stop switch popped off the back underneath the front panel and was stopping the Toolpath Software from communicating with the Router. I was able to turn on the Router before but I happened to by chance notice that a part that was dangling underneath the front panel was not hooked to the stop switch and had to snap it back onto the Emergency Stop Switch. Since the dangling part was hidden underneath the front panel it wasn't immediately obvious, it looks like someone rewired it at one time differently because the e-stop is not connected to the connection board plug. Somehow though it is still tied in to the machine. I also resoldered a bunch of bad connections on boards which I believe helped also since the LRC board sees more connections. That part was before seeing that stop switch was disconnected. My employer compensated me well for fixing the problem and I am really looking forward to using the machine to create a lot of impressive signs in the future. I actually received a nice bonus at work for fixing the machine and am looking forward to communicating more on this website with all of you. Once again thank you for all of your reply's and suggestions I hope what I have laid out here will help others in the future if they come across a similar problem in diagnosing a connection problem. Also I have Schematics that I have made in digital form from print copies should anyone need them in the future.

-Stephan

meandmyminions

I really think it is a good site. My employer told me about the site and recommended going on here to ask for help on different topics we might not know about. CNC is something totally new to me. I do have some experience with g-code since I built a 3D printer but the CNC aspect is totally new to me. I'm excited though because it ties into my designs in Solidworks and Autocad which I am currently going to school part time for earning a degree in Drafting and CAD technology. Also looking forward to getting certified in Solidworks in the near future. My designs are more 3D mechanical parts but I don't see it being that difficult making sign designs in CAD software if needed. Right now trying to gain the experience working with the CNC Router and once I have the experience working with the machine if I want to do upgrades like a Retrofit I have the experience of how the machine works to do so. I really want to get this machine turning a profit for us and that is my only concern at the moment though. I started working on it because I thought it was a shame having the equipment just laying in the shop not being used because it was down. I took it on as a project and in the end it worked out well gaining some experience of how the machine is put together, different boards, steppers, stepper drivers, inverter, how it connects to software, etc.