• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

That's Now How It Works...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Getting back into full time sign painting is proving to be a blast. I have a few kinks to work out in my methodology however. This morning I coated out several small panels. I had a round one that I coated out white with enamel paint. It seemed to me the logical place to lay it was on my round stool in front of the easel. I coated out a few more and decided to pounce the patterns for the panels. I promptly sat on the white coated panel, wearing a fairly new pair of shorts I really liked. So the shorts are ruined, I realized the immediate lettering area is no place to coat out panels, and I shouldn't wear good clothing in the studio. The only plus to this is the pattern created in the white paint is fairly interesting and goes along nicely with the vintage sign look I am trying to do. Butt aging signs might be a new discovery.

lgroth

A while back I ran across a video on a custom bike being finished, and they were laying fabric (I think it was denim) onto partially cured paint to create a texture before the final finishing and clear coat were applied, they used a vinyl application squeegee to conform it to the surface, then carefully removed it leaving the pattern intact in the paint... Maybe this is one of the next big things in the painted world and you're in on the ground floor. Minus one pair of pants :Big Laugh

T_K

At least you got a new pair of painting shorts. No worries about messing them up in the future.

Jwalk

Oh man the ups and downs of sign painting. It takes a lot of emotional resolve to keep your nose to the grindstone when things around you are crumbling.
You win some you lose some.