• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the Best Gray's with CMYK

thebirddog

eeeyyooo :)
Hi all :).. Using Versaworks 5.5.1 and Roland RF-640 Roland Printer.. any suggestions for good Grey colours please? a lot come out brown-ish colour or Green-ish even tho the artwork ready file from the customer in Corel Draw x5 says its 65% Black but still coms out very Brown looking?? suggestions welcome :) ALL work comes in from customer as CYMK artwork ready and or exported to standard PDF from Corel X5. Also usingg standard ICC profiles in Versaworks

Dan360

I always prefer a cool grey, black with a touch of cyan. A lot of times we get files that were converted from RGB where all the values for the grey are all over the place, those always end up looking the worst. Also printing neutral greys is really tricky, going either warm or cool helps with some of the colour fluctuations.

RICHARD SIMMONS

In Versaworks, try changing in "quality" to one of the alternatives of MAX (Impact, US or Japan) That was the only way I saw something similar to gray. Comment about it !

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Grays are the most difficult colors to print. If a gray were done with K alone they would at least be consistent. But grays are done with some mixture of CMYK and they invariably drift to magenta, green, or what have you. What's around a gray tone also biases your eyet. Just do the best you can and move on.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The simple truth of it is, boxed profiles almost always won't print good grays. Custom profiles for your printer, media and environment will.

shahidmqamar

The simple truth of it is, boxed profiles almost always won't print good grays. Custom profiles for your printer, media and environment will.
True..I never use RGB files.I use CMYK files,If file is in RGB the resultant colours will have darker and duller tone as printer is CMYK not RGB.Also i use my own profile and always get perfect greys and blues.The main issue is with icc profile

2B

We try to print in greyscale only. Especially if we are doing reflective.
any combination of CMYK will reflect back a different color.

Grey is a tricky color to print.
try to get custom profiles, MASSIVE difference