• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The best material and process

Jkovacic

A city has got ahold of me for some durable pole banners that will be 2 x 4 foot and i was was wondering about what materail and what process to use to get these would be i did not know weather normal banner material would hold up for the 5 to 10 year that they want they also asked about maybe some canvas. just looking for some ideas and a good direction Thanks.

Stuckup

Banners dont last that long. UV clear the banner, or 2 PAK clear it, but no banner will last in the weather 10 years. If you come up with a new process, there is your niche market. 5 years maybe if clear coated 2pak with flex add. All I know.

visual800

we have some banners up that are over 5 years BUT they are against a wall out of the sun and they are vinyl on 13oz. Very non typical.

banner hanging on the poles as you described arent going to weather that. I would use 10 oz banner material and let it be what it is. Maybe they get their 5-10 year timeframe from some overeducated engineer a the city that know no better

Banners are temporary and are to be sold as such. The only other solution is to have them made out of sunbrella and have the sunbrella lettering system placed on them but lets be for real they wont pay what that is gonna cost

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Pole banners are not going to last 5 to 10 years outdoors, period. If they are installed on poles indoors, sure. We have some that last about 2 years here, printed on 18oz banner stock. Our choice nowadays for pole banners intended to last more than a couple of months is Ultraflexx Pole Banner Pro 18oz. Direct printing both sides, thats one that just takes practice to get right. We do it all the time and I can nail the second side within a 1/4" or less (generally less than 1/8") every time with no problem. Sides may or may not get stitched depending on how long they are expected to last.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The banners are never going to last that long, they just aren't designed to.
However, most of these banners are "seasonal" so they only hang the set of banners you are quoting for ~3 months at a time every year. Then they take them down & store them until the next year when they re-use them for the same season. Make sure you put the expected life of your banners into your quote and warranty them from manufacturing defects, but NOT installation/storage problems & give them an installation/storage guidelines sheet if you get the job. Most people like to fold banners which destroys them.

If this is anything like the quote requests I get here for pole banners, outsourcing printing them is the best way to go, but even with a minimal markup I have still been way under bid by other companies in the area.