• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the best mouse for graphics

SignGuy101

what is the best mouse for designing? i'm looking for something for accurate results when working on illustrator. any idea? thanks

JJ

I'm relatively new to the signmaking world - but I've been using AutoCAD and various 3D modelling packages for 15 years or so. Personally, I love trackballs - specifically the Logitech trackman marble. But maybe its out of necessity; I normally have so much crap piled on my desk that there's not room for a conventional mouse!

Checkers

gROUND cHUCK

I got this tablet 2 weeks ago and I'm very happy with it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/UC-Logic-SuperPen-PF-9-x12-USB-Graphic-Design-Tablet_W0QQitemZ260003361214QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's very accurate and whats cool is I could put a picture flat on the tablet and trace in the graphics to vector, Instead of scanning and cleaning. Another thing I like is I could get the -up to the right, back down to the left- swoop that you won't get with a mouse. Not to mention that it has worked flawlessly with all my programs.

Cadmn

think wacom has a refurb sales center right on their site & they are awsome for graphic programs

2NinerNiner2

I wouldn't be without my Wacom ... for raster work. For everything else, I find I am more productive with the moue. And I have been using the Wacom since their introduction, so it's not an issue of 'getting used to it'. For example, I find that I am way more accurate in manipulating nodes with the mouse than with the pen. In this instance, the biggest thing for me is the right-click to bring up the nodes sub-menu in Corel; always have trouble doing that with the pen, and believe me, I've tried !!! :) :)