• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Dinosaur is earning its keep...

They say my old Edge is a dinosaur, and that's probably an accurate statement. But when it's the only printer you have you learn to love it... except for the 10 hour days spent standing beside it swapping colors. Hopefully by the end of the day today I will have printed, laminated and cut at least 20 yards of Oracal 5600 reflective since yesterday. And it's a 4 color job. Then it's on to the 20 yards of 3M 680 I have to print for another job... maybe one day I'll be able to find me a nice HP latex printer for the right price. I won't know what to do when all I have to do is click "print" and walk away!

image-3736048214.jpg

Bob Rochon

Seasoned Sign Freak
There is no such thing as hit print and walk away. And I love having both types of printers. You cannot beat the edge for speed, durability and simplicity. For those who never had one, or don't have one I feel for you.
Inkjet is nice but I can letter a truck faster most times with my edge. :)

You are right, they definitely have their place. I will never be able to do without an Edge in my shop, or at least some form of thermal printer. I use it for pretty much anything that involves any type of gold or silver leaf lettering, which is a good bit of what I do. But I would like to eventually add a latex printer to handle the bigger stuff and for the prints that need process color since the Edge isn't the greatest at that.

CanuckSigns

The Edge is one of the most profitable machines in our shop, When I flick the switch, i know i'm going to be making money!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
  • Simpler workflow - No need to wait for drying and out-gassing, no lamination. Just print, cut and out the door.
  • No smells or fumes.
  • Spot colors = No color management needed.
  • Print on most films.
  • Spot white and metallics.
  • Images are more durable than most inkjets.

signsourcellc

Im Having an issue with mine maybe you guys could help.

Hey im having trouble with my edge and i saw this and figured id ask. Seems you have a lot more experiance with the edge then i do.. I have the Edge 1 and after it being in our shop for 20 years finally something is wrong lol. It seems to have lost its registration when doing multiple colors. The particular job im doing is 3 color yellow green and blue. The thing i dont understand is it only misaligns one set of colors the blue touches both the yellow and green, but when the blue butts up to the green there is a gap of no color even tho in the file it shows them touching. Any ideas on something i could do to fix that? I have a job due this week and cant figure it out.... Thanks!!!

signsourcellc

heres what its doing
attachment.php
attachment.php
it might be hard to see but that white outline between the blue and green shouldnt be there and my customer isnt happy

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 185

signsourcellc

How would i do that? I just tried selecting the blue and going to trapline and it says The current fill must not be a clear fill. But im selecting the blue and it shows that it has navy fill? Also i am using omega if that changes anything

signsourcellc

You guys are awesome.... I was trying everything all day on Friday I dont think i would have been able to get it with out your help. THANK YOU GUYS for saving the day...