• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Door

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely forget what that purpose was?

Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses.

Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an event boundary in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.

Thank goodness for studies like this. It's not our age, it's the damn door!

I knew it couldn't be my fault.

Baz

I don't buy it ... My shop is 1000 sq.ft. ... no doors ... i can walk across the room and forget why i was going there.

signage

Baz I think you are safe to believe what Fred said, I read that these doors can be physical or pseudo!:omg:

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
:thread

Sorry, my original joke was asking if - these "psychologists" were high on marijuana(stoned :wink:) when they discovered this...

Locals Find!

Sorry, my original joke was asking if - these "psychologists" were high on marijuana(stoned :wink:) when they discovered this...

Go get a cup of coffee HD you sorely need one. Your brain isn't firing on all its cylinders this morning. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Sunday!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

:guido: I'm not at all sure your joke was original. Seems like I heard it somewhere before but I can't remember since I came into this room.