• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The dreaded shimmy walk.....

DigiPrinter

Got three, 140' mesh banners to print.....on the first one right now and pushing 100' and have a little material walk. Hoping it holds itself for the duration. Printing long runs has always been a thorn for me.

I thought I'd try something different this time and feed the material through the machine, onto the take-up reel the whole length of the run by advancing the material with the printer. Mistake, took awhile to do and then when trying to manually rewind the material it was shifting (I wasn't using the same tension on each side will rewinding). So, I stopped and just went the whole way through on the advancing feed.

My thought was this method would tell me if it was tracking good the whole way and second, I didn't want to listen to the backer paper static tear the whole time.

What's your method for long banner runs.....mesh or pvc?