• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The end is near...

Colin

My first set of 440 Eco Sol Max cartridges are getting down, apparently at about 20% (although the Cyan seems to have a lot more).

I recall reading somewhere that when claiming "empty", they actually still have about 13% ink left, is that so? How does one get all of the ink possible out of the cartridges?

Oh, and who offers the best prices on the Roland inks in Canada? (I don't have any interest in 3rd party inks).

colin, when it states in vw ink that they are nearly out, you have quite abit more! not sure how many square feet of ink you have left but its a fair bit, i do this all the time, of course with fresh inks ready on hand.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On the 440's, When the beep goes off, take the cartridge out, pull the tab out with a pliers or something and cut the tab completely off. Stick it back in and keep an eye on it. You'll get between 10' and 15' most likely. If you're not going to use it up immediately, then throw it away. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll forget and your next run will bleed you dry and you'll ruin a print. You can leave a post-it note on the printer, but it's only a few dollars of ink wasted. It costs about 6¢ to print a square foot. That comes out to about $2.85 you might waste. For safety's sake, you should have a backup set on hand at all times. We keep two of every color as back up. We do the same with our flatbed, too. Shake the cartridge before you put a new one in, in case it was sitting in a warehouse too long.

ChicagoGraphics

Just curious, how does it cost 6 cents a sq.ft. from a 440 cartridge, I think it's more like 25-30 cents a sqft. Unless your getting your cartridges for 30 bucks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, how does it cost 6 cents a sq.ft. from a 440 cartridge, I think it's more like 25-30 cents a sqft. Unless your getting your cartridges for 30 bucks.

Per cartridge. He's only talking about one, not all four. If it costs about 25¢ a square.... based on 120% coverage or so..... do you multiply that times four or six based on a 4 or 6 color machine ?? I hope not.

CanuckSigns

As for the cheapest ink in canada, try All graphics or Express Sign products. keep in mind that most places will price match to keep your business