Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The final print on multiple decals does not match what I see in Production manager

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by gabagoo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have used Flexi long enough that I would think I would have saw this before. I ran 250 odd decals and I fill the cutting area fully. when the printer finished it changed the layout and left one row with 6 or so not printed, yet they were all there. I can't think of a reason why it did this and also wonder what happens when I go to cut them. I wasn't going to waste any more time and turfed them and started again ( small decals). Anybody have an idea why it did this?
    pics below

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    My first guess is there is a conflict between Flexi and PM. For example, if Flexi is set to manually set the media width to say, 54" but PM is set to automatically get the width from the printer at 50", it will re-nest before sending to the printer.

3. JetPress

JetPress Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Texas
    Like Solventinkjet already said. It has happened to me before and you just need to make sure you click on Poll Size every time you start a new print and/or cut job just to make sure it detects the correct media width.

Attached Files:

4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I don't have it set to do that but if it accidently happened, would the cut file mimic this or the original intent?

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    As long as you cut from the file in PM it will cut what printed.