• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The FONT Project

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The problem isn't the customer because the customer doesn't usually notice close enough.
My favorite are the font ID requests to match a job with 3 letters that would take 2 mins to trace. Boat registration numbers matching their name is a close second.

The Hobbyist

Here is a guy who convinced 185 strangers to sing a song together. No Reward. No Pay. No recognition.

Not EVERYONE requires MONEY in order to do something good for humanity.

Video

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well! Now that YOU have proclaimed it, I GUESS NOT! :dog42:
:pops_blinking: You sure seem to have a problem with anyone stating something with which you disagree. Now you're evidently lowering the bar to personal attacks.

My credentials are well known to many members here. I built this forum and ran it for 14 years while also being a professional sign maker for several decades. I also was a type dealer and brought a program to market to do what you don't know how to do but think you can get all of humanity to do and find a need for. I only replied to shed some light onto your pet project and be helpful. This was evidently a mistake and I will now bow out of any further response since it appears to be futile in your case.

Good luck to you.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Here is a guy who convinced 185 strangers to sing a song together. No Reward. No Pay. No recognition.

Not EVERYONE requires MONEY in order to do something good for humanity.

Video
You sure have a beligerant attitude, all because people aren't climbing over each other to help you with your little project for free. Get over yourself. You're not making any friends. You made a thread The other day looking for a pity party, and have spent the past couple days attacking and insulting some of the most respected members of this forum. Check yourself.

The Hobbyist

:pops_blinking: You sure seem to have a problem with anyone stating something with which you disagree. Now you're evidently lowering the bar to personal attacks.
I am returning personal attacks. I respond in kind. I did not start the piss fight.
My credentials are well known to many members here. I built this forum and ran it for 14 years while also being a professional sign maker for several decades. I also was a type dealer and brought a program to market to do what you don't know how to do but think you can get all of humanity to do and find a need for.
I know all about your credentials. You do not understand what I seek to do.
I only replied to offer some light onto your pet project and be helpful.
No, You royally proclaimed that "THE NEED NOT BEITH THERE!" for another attempt to solve the "WHAT FONT IS THIS?" issue that your program HAS NOT SOLVED. I'm sorry. I did not realize that the whole world needs to get your blessing, before attempting to do something good for humanity.

This was evidently a mistake and I will now bow out of any further response since it appears to be futile in your case.

Good luck to you.
Every forum has a Fred Weiss or a Gino.

Joe

The Hobbyist

You sure have a beligerant attitude, all because people aren't climbing over each other to help you with your little project for free.
I never expected any such action from people on this forum. Too many inflated egos here. I put the word out. People know people. Someone might know someone who might be interested in this.
Get over yourself. You're not making any friends. You made a thread The other day looking for a pity party,
??? WTF are you talking about?

and have spent the past couple days attacking and insulting some of the most respected members of this forum. Check yourself.
Nope. I came in nice and friendly! It was the smarmy responses from people who think their %^&* doesn't stink that directed the course of my responses. I think some people here need to take a long look at themselves in a mirror.

SignosaurusRex

Hmmmm............

Attachments

• SnoopyTumble.gif
    SnoopyTumble.gif
    873 KB · Views: 49
  • off-the-rails-train.gif
    off-the-rails-train.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
  • StewieSlap.gif
    StewieSlap.gif
    123 KB · Views: 49

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Do you know the story of the start of Federal Express?

Joe
I do not, but I do know a little about the history of DHL. The 'H' in DHL has a connection here to the island & a local lawyer made millions off this case

Larry Lee Hillblom was an American businessman and co-founder of the shipping company DHL Worldwide Express.
His seaplane crashed on May 21, 1995, on a flight from Pagan Island to Saipan. The bodies of the pilot, Robert Long, and a business partner were found, but Hillblom's body was never recovered.

This is the part if the story where things take a much darker tone.....
Hillblom's will stated that the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) would receive his estate, and he didn't specify any children in the 1982 will. After his death, Hillblom's estate was the subject of lawsuits from children fathered across the Pacific. Under Saipan law, illegitimate children born after a will has been drawn up are entitled to make a claim on the estate.

Many women from several East Asian and Oceanian countries claimed he had fathered children with them. (Women who were under the age of consent at the time also claimed statutory rape.) Kaylani Kinney was the first to come forward, claiming to have given birth to a son named Junior Larry Hillblom. Before his death, Hillblom had resided in Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands, whose probate law recognises the right of all children to a share of their father's estate, notwithstanding any will to the contrary. But because Hillblom's body was not recovered in the crash, no DNA test could be performed to prove paternity.
Mysteriously, his house in Saipan was discovered to have been wiped clean of any traces of his DNA. The sinks had been scrubbed with muriatic acid, and toothbrushes, combs, hairbrushes and clothes were found buried in the backyard, making them useless for DNA testing

Investigators discovered he had had a facial mole removed at UCSF Medical Center, and it was still there; UCSF agreed to relinquish the mole (although its release could deprive UCSF of the estate if it could be used to prove Hillblom had sired children). It was later discovered, however, that the mole was not from Hillblom but oddly enough from someone unknown.

Hillblom's mother, brother, and half-brother initially refused to submit their DNA, which could also have been used to determine the paternity of the children. A team of investigators were dispatched to compare the DNA of all the children suing for a claim on Hillblom's estate. The investigators surmised that since the girls were located in different countries, if the children shared certain DNA markers, the only logical conclusion would be that they would almost certainly have the same father. In the end, a judge ordered Hillblom's brother and mother to submit to genetic testing. The tests confirmed that four of the eight claimants were Hillblom's children.

It was ultimately determined that a Vietnamese child, Lory Nguyen; Jellian Cuartero, 5, and Mercedita Feliciano, 4, of the Philippines; and Junior Larry Hillblom, of Palau were fathered by Hillblom. In the final settlement, each of the four children received a gross payment of US$90 million, reduced to about US$50 million after taxes and fees, while the remaining US$240 million went to the Hillblom Foundation, which followed Hillblom's wishes and donated funds to the University of California, San Francisco for medical research.

SignosaurusRex

Well Hobbyist, you seem to have an idea that you think you can make a better mouse-trap.... don't you think you should get after it rather than throwing stones here?
You brought your ambitious idea here where it was met with educated and experienced insight. Your petulance and obstinate attitude are far from constructive toward your perceived goal . You can't do it on your own ...that's why you came here... remember? Good Luck!

Boudica

Yep. I'm pretty well convinced this person is a troll. I'm out.I think you're exactly who he's trying to draw in for free services.

I do not, but I do know a little about the history of DHL. The 'H' in DHL has a connection here to the island & a local lawyer made millions off this case

Larry Lee Hillblom was an American businessman and co-founder of the shipping company DHL Worldwide Express.
His seaplane crashed on May 21, 1995, on a flight from Pagan Island to Saipan. The bodies of the pilot, Robert Long, and a business partner were found, but Hillblom's body was never recovered.

This is the part if the story where things take a much darker tone.....
Hillblom's will stated that the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) would receive his estate, and he didn't specify any children in the 1982 will. After his death, Hillblom's estate was the subject of lawsuits from children fathered across the Pacific. Under Saipan law, illegitimate children born after a will has been drawn up are entitled to make a claim on the estate.

Many women from several East Asian and Oceanian countries claimed he had fathered children with them. (Women who were under the age of consent at the time also claimed statutory rape.) Kaylani Kinney was the first to come forward, claiming to have given birth to a son named Junior Larry Hillblom. Before his death, Hillblom had resided in Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands, whose probate law recognises the right of all children to a share of their father's estate, notwithstanding any will to the contrary. But because Hillblom's body was not recovered in the crash, no DNA test could be performed to prove paternity.
Mysteriously, his house in Saipan was discovered to have been wiped clean of any traces of his DNA. The sinks had been scrubbed with muriatic acid, and toothbrushes, combs, hairbrushes and clothes were found buried in the backyard, making them useless for DNA testing

Investigators discovered he had had a facial mole removed at UCSF Medical Center, and it was still there; UCSF agreed to relinquish the mole (although its release could deprive UCSF of the estate if it could be used to prove Hillblom had sired children). It was later discovered, however, that the mole was not from Hillblom but oddly enough from someone unknown.

Hillblom's mother, brother, and half-brother initially refused to submit their DNA, which could also have been used to determine the paternity of the children. A team of investigators were dispatched to compare the DNA of all the children suing for a claim on Hillblom's estate. The investigators surmised that since the girls were located in different countries, if the children shared certain DNA markers, the only logical conclusion would be that they would almost certainly have the same father. In the end, a judge ordered Hillblom's brother and mother to submit to genetic testing. The tests confirmed that four of the eight claimants were Hillblom's children.

It was ultimately determined that a Vietnamese child, Lory Nguyen; Jellian Cuartero, 5, and Mercedita Feliciano, 4, of the Philippines; and Junior Larry Hillblom, of Palau were fathered by Hillblom. In the final settlement, each of the four children received a gross payment of US$90 million, reduced to about US$50 million after taxes and fees, while the remaining US$240 million went to the Hillblom Foundation, which followed Hillblom's wishes and donated funds to the University of California, San Francisco for medical research.

This is truly fascinating! And dare I say, educational. :)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is truly fascinating! And dare I say, educational
Yes, he had a driving passion and did not let anything get in his way, not even age of consent laws.
We did some work on the vehicles of the lawyer representing Larry Jr. They were very nice vehicles.

His son ( one of them) seems to be a chip off the old block:
"A multimillionaire playboy son of the founder of the DHL transport group has been found guilty of trying to smuggle methamphetamine into the tiny Pacific island nation of Palau.
Junior Larry Hillbroom, 33, became one of the world’s richest teenagers in 1998 after his mother proved that he was the result of a brief encounter with Larry Lee Hillblom when she was 14."

Last edited:

Boudica

Yes, he had a driving passion and did not let anything get in his way, not even age of consent laws.
We did some work on the vehicles of the lawyer representing Larry Jr. They were very nice vehicles.
Of course they were... Nice looking. Good thing you were working on the outside of the vehicle?