• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The future of wraps?!?!

ironchef

Attachments

• image-1279516344.jpg
    image-1279516344.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 54

BALLPARK

Static type printing is already being replaced with franchises around the world for the most part. Right now LCD/LED tech is leading the way to remove static printing from the larger companies. When that tech can be converted into window/glass vinyl / poster type media will be like talking about a dinosaur.

Why print and ship to every location when you can update with animated type HD Ads with a push of a button? Static printing will be compared to hand painting in another 20 years. While it will have its purpose it will no longer be the main medium in which to advertise.

Prices are dropping every year on the tech and soon even small companies will be able to afford small to large displays to display their Ads.

That tech will be converted to cars, walls, windows, fingernails, and apparel. You get the point... The future for sign companies will be in the tech and larger marketing firms will have skyscrapers full of computer savoy staff designing digital Ads. Content management contracts will be the new money maker of the future. Sign companies will still have a nitch for custom made signage. But I still think that LCD/LED display companies will start offering direct sales on outdoor storefront signage.

I'm just glad that by time the tech becomes standard I will be long gone..lol. I love signs... But the future is digital and nano tech is not even on the market yet.