• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The heat!!!

joelswork

We do fleet installs...lots of fleet installs on location. From decal kits to full color change wraps. This heat and humidity does some crazy things to the vinyl. I swear I heard a piece cut for the rear hatch simply tell me that it wanted a divorce from its adhesive... My coworkers said it was probably hair the voices in my head though ;)

on on a positive note, a crew of 5 did 4 full escape color changes and 4 partial wraps. Pretty good day!

joelswork

It was really bad when the alcohol wouldn't dry becaus of the humidity... Then the paper towel spontaneously combusted. Thankfully all the gas turned to fumes and escaped before the paper towel could ignite it ;)

WildWestDesigns

Bad thing is that it's supposed to get worse over the next couple of days and then hopefully cool off a little into middle of next week.

joelswork

Bad thing is that it's supposed to get worse over the next couple of days and then hopefully cool off a little into middle of next week.

Just saw you were from Franklin...I burned down a wheat field there when I was 4..back in 1979. Remember it like it was yesterday!

WildWestDesigns

Just saw you were from Franklin...I burned down a wheat field there when I was 4..back in 1979. Remember it like it was yesterday!

A little bit before my time, in more ways then one. We actually didn't move up here in Franklin until '94. Originally from Plano, TX.

T_K

I've done plenty of wraps/partial wraps outside in the Texas summer heat, where it cools down to the upper 90s at night.

The nice thing is that with so much heat, you can print your graphics at 1/4 scale. Just pulling the vinyl off the backer will stretch it out to full size. :Big Laugh

I am a little envious of the humidity trouble though. We always had the trouble of not getting to wipe down the vehicle before the alcohol dried up. Instant evaporation!

WildWestDesigns

I am a little envious of the humidity trouble though. We always had the trouble of not getting to wipe down the vehicle before the alcohol dried up. Instant evaporation!

Humidity is/was a problem in Plano. Gosh I remember some days that everything just curled up on you.