• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the IRS is coming after me!!!! and I am Canadian...lmfao

gabagoo

Here is a weird one... don't even know my name or company name.... is it not obvious it is BS?

Dear business owner,
A criminal complaint has been filled against your company.
Your company is being accused of trying to commit tax evasion schemes.
The full text of the complaint file ( PDF type ) can be viewed on the IRS website, by visiting the following link : I deleted the link....some people may actually click on it...doh!!

An official response from your part is required, in order to take further action.
Please review the charges brought forward in the complaint file, and contact us as soon as possible by :

Telephone Assistance for Businesses:
Toll-Free, 1-800-829-4933
Email: complaints@irs.gov

Thank you,
Internal Revenue Service
Fraud Prevention Department

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ah-ha..... an international scoundrel..... you're the worst kind.

Don't fret it, tell them you just signed up for free benefits and they'll letcha go.

binki

They have been calling my house several times a day for the same thing but it was the FBI and some crime I was charged with.

Mosh

Another one going around is people calling to tell you that you missed jury duty and you need to pay a fine of they will come arrest you...SCAM!

Mattshel

We get these every month of two, It's usually asking us to pay an invoice and when you look further on the "invoice" the money is to be addressed somewhere in the Republic of Ireland... We actually had a really good one a few months ago they actually used one of our customers names and full address (University of Ottawa) along with a product we would actually have dealings with but the payment was to be sent to an address in British Columbia, so I googled the address and it was a residential house. Long story short I called Canadian Anti Fraud Centre as well as the University of Ottawa have not heard anything from BC again lol. Speaking of there is another one going around in Canada now regarding the new copyright laws in Canada and they send you a letter saying you have infringed their copyright and you must pay a fee of $ XX or they are going to sue you to the tune of $100,000.

ATTTR

Ha! All you have to keep in mind is this:
The IRS will never email you or call you.
They will send certified or registered mail.
Same with the FBI. Most likely they (FBI) will find you in person.
(Just asked my boyfriend, he's an FBI agent.)
If someone is contacting you impersonating an FBI agent, you should contact your local branch and let them know what's going on.

Never EVER open a link from an email like that. At the vesy least, it's a virus, worst, it could allow them remote access to your computer.
(As explained to me by an IT professional.)