• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario has a new 500,00.00 logo

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I stopped going to canada a long time ago. buying beer there is silly...

not to mention gas, milk, just about anything....how the hell do you afford it???

player

They got a lot more than a stylin' new logo. They also got a catchy new slogan:

"The LCBO did spend "just under $500, 000" on research and design of the new logo and development of a new slogan: "Let's get together" to replace "Discover the World"."

John Butto

comeonpeoplenow "lets get together"

[video=youtube;Eif5tF-j_Vc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eif5tF-j_Vc[/video]

Now that is retro....going down like the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Question is, did anyone receive a a call to tender, I know I didn't. I Can't draw a straight line but I can type 4 letters in a row and really, I would have done it for $450,000.00

jtinker

Owner
Are we sure it wasnt a service contract where they do all of their work over a course of time. I could understand that and just write that logo off as being comfortable and lazy.

Marco

Someone please say they "just busting bals". Is this a joke?
Any professional designers invited? And what currency is that? Pesos?

genericname

Looks like Leo Burnett did it. Articles I've read make no mention of ongoing development being included in the price, only that they were brought on board to make sure the new brand matches the direction of their slogan. Guh.

Look at that client list... Bell, TD, P&G. I've no problem with government contracts costing more than average, but that much? That's just robbery. They're paying some principal's yearly wage by typing out four letters and modifying the curves a bit.