• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The more I work on this, the more I hate it.

petesign

Thought I would throw it out there... let you guys pick it apart. I am about to scratch it and start over.. at first I liked the idea of making the roof go over the letters, now.... I just don't know. I'm thinking the slant was a bad idea. Maybe the font too... then I added roofing, and it just went bleh.

It's in black and white, I haven't gotten around to adding color yet.

Attachments

• J&Troofing.gif
    J&Troofing.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 125

petesign

Yikes. I added the thumbnail, and it doesn't pass the squint test at all, it looks like a big up arrow. Back to the drawing board.

bull-deano

Too much emphasis on the & symbol. Try making it smaller, a lot smaller.

As mentioned I would consider a fresh start though. Perhaps do something else for a while to clean your mind of it.

petesign

Well, it started as a J&T - but after i skewed it, it wasnt long enough on the right side, so I extended the "t" a little. Like i said, it got worse and worse the further I went. I started over, am sketching out on a piece of paper now. Long weekend has me all out of sorts.

SignManiac

Here's a possible direction you can play with. The important thing is legibility in the name. Don't know if the ampersand is part of the legal description or not. That could still be easily incorporated into it. There's plenty of room to play with the roof line and color could help it out too.

Attachments

• JT roofing.jpg
    JT roofing.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 125

OldPaint

K.I.S.S. heres a start. j & l i just did a 2 minute layout. keyworth is a company i did while living in sarasota..........oh and the truck is ALL PAINT!!!!!

Attachments

• KEYWORTH.jpg
    KEYWORTH.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 96
  • JTROOF.jpg
    JTROOF.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 102

petesign

Here's my latest take... Sometimes, no matter how much you think you like an idea or concept and try to force it to work, it just doesn't. A little more fiddling around with this one, and I think I will be happy.

Attachments

• J&Troofing2.gif
    J&Troofing2.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 123