Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question The name escapes me at the moment

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Mascitti Bro, Feb 3, 2020.

  1. Mascitti Bro

    Mascitti Bro Member

    Dec 17, 2018
    Williamstown Vt
    Ridiculous to have to ask, but I can't recall the name of a great sign blank material, and i'll be needing some soon. (guess i'm fortunate that I've got this forum to ask!!)
    Anyways, it's the material that's two aluminum sheets sandwiched together with some filling in between them? Thanks in advance, guys...
  2. Andy D

    Andy D Very Active Member

    Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    It's a composite aluminum product.
    The name will Depend what type of center it has.
    If it's a solid plastic, most common names I know are; signabond, durabond, max-metal.
    If it has a corrugated plastic center, corobond is the only one I know.
  3. fresh

    fresh Very Active Member

    May 16, 2011
    polymetal is the generic term for aluminum with a solid plastic core

    alumilite is a brand of aluminum with a fluted plastic core
  4. unclebun

    unclebun Very Active Member

    Dibond is the original solid core panel. Used in architecture before it was used for signs.

    Alumacorr was the first fluted plastic core I remember seeing.

Share This Page