• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The new Cricut of Print/Cut

TheSnowman

When I saw this I thought..."Oh man, we're the next print stores, and what happened when the desktop printer came out to them, is going to happen to us"....well, then I got to thinking...Not too often do I do anything that's 20" or under. I'm sure it's gonna be something that a lot of places buy that do smaller stuff, and cut us out...but I don't think it's really as much risk as a cricut...cause I'm assuming this thing is more than $150 at walmart at Day After Thanksgiving sale.

Yea....$8,500 for that...if anyone is gonna drop that, they'll just buy a used 54".

CS-SignSupply-TT

Kraig, I would agree if you are talking about a "traditional" sign shop. However, the MALL and OUTDOOR MARKET/POWER CENTER "kiosk" operators will find the 20" print/cut machine fitting into their business model quite nicely. Working alongside the METAZA, it is quite a 1-2 punch.

Locals Find!

Ciber are you guys selling these machines yet?? I am actually looking into getting one. I do mostly Real Estate signage and this looks like it would fit well into our business model without taking on a 54" machine that we don't really want or need.

showcase 66

Saw this at the ISA Show in Vegas. Roland Rep said it was mainly for doming and small decals. Not very fast from what I remember either. They had a metallic version and a regular at the show. I guess it could be beneficial if you need to get some small things printed and have a lot of larger orders to do with the larger printer.

Mike_Koval

Another market for this are apparel decorators. This unit is a perfect fit for full color decoration on any fabric and any color.

round man

hahahahahahahahahaha,...now all those holier than thou digital printer owners who spent 20k on push button illustration capabilities will know how us old school artists felt when they saturated a very lucrative market with an under priced mass produced inferior product to hand paint,...hhahahahahahahaha,...let the price wars begin for digital media and lets see how many of the good customers the supply houses can steal by eliminating the middleman(the local sign shop with a printer) and sell equipment directly to the consumer,....I wonder how long it is going to take for the price of one of these to drop down to below $3k,..next thing you know they'll be selling them on ebay for under a thousand,...anyone wanna give me odds on this bet?????????

jdoug5170

Hmmm, maybe it is time to open up a chain of big box stores specializing in sign making supplies and equipment. I could go big for a few years and then close 'em down like the big box computer outlets that put me out of the computer distribution business....Hmmmm

signswi

Just because it's fits on a desk and can print/cut doesn't make it a consumer device. I can think of a lot of uses for it.

iSign

hahahahahahahahahaha,...now all those holier than thou digital printer owners who spent 20k on push button illustration capabilities will know how us old school artists felt

But Tim... you forget... we holier than thou printer owners didn't have to practice practice practice for a decade like you did...

our mass produced, inferior products spat right out of the box, upon the day of equipment delivery... a

nd the marketplace was so eager for these mass produced, inferior products that we recovered that $20K 10 fold, over 5 years... without practice...

so, no... I don't really think we will know how you old school artists feel :notworthy:

we may have our new-school artists feelings trod upon though, since inferior products spitting out of the box still spit out in degrees of inferiority...

...so even if we new school artists think we have a little talent to add to our spit...

...the marketplace just may reward every corner kiosk desktop printer with lucrative decal contracts, irregardless of even less talented spittings...