• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The non Laminator, Lamination

PS4252

Happy Friday All!

Has anyone been successful at laminating the 3M lamination using the RollOver table?
I love the table for applying vinyl on sub straights and transfer tape with out the need for a second person. I have not had too much luck with the laminate though.
I use the same hinge method, but always seems to either have a crease at the point of the hinge or wrinkles up.
I know practice make perfect, but material is money.
It there another technique?
No room for a laminator.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I've dreamed of this table. it looks amazing!
For laminating, It seems like you could start it at the end with a sacrficial piece for the crease and then roll the rest of the way.
is that what youre doing?

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I use our rollsroller(s) every day for lamination. Our tables are the 16' long version. How we do it is we fully lay our print out on the table and then place the desired amount of laminate on top. we leave about 8-10" extra on one end of both the print and the laminate. This extra amount is where you are going to start from.

Once you have the laminate placed on top of your print and all lined up tight, drop your roller down over that one end you left your extra 8-10" material.
Now you want to start the laminate at that end, just pull off and fold over the laminate backing on extra material end and fold it over and apply roughly 4-5" of laminate to that extra part of the print using the roller. Just like you would with the center hinge method.
Once the 1st 4-5" of laminate is adhered, go to the opposite end now, and roll up only the laminate backing side facing out and go over your roller.
You should now be able to hold on to the laminate backing with one hand or get some help, and then run the roller and laminate down the whole length of the table/ print. By using the roller to help seperate the laminate and backing as your applying greatly helps with keeping things taunt and wrinkle free, it also elimates that hinge line in the middle of the print by starting on that extra bit of material we added in the beginning. Hope this helps.

If this makes absolutely no sense, I could shoot a short video of it tomorrow.

netsol

I've dreamed of this table. it looks amazing!
For laminating, It seems like you could start it at the end with a sacrficial piece for the crease and then roll the rest of the way.
is that what youre doing?
maybe i am a luddite when it comes to these
i use my daige 54" more than anything else. i have resisted getting one of these (i am very cheap & haven't found a deal)

i use the daige much more than the royal sovereign or the seal

maybe it's just me

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
maybe i am a luddite when it comes to these
i use my daige 54" more than anything else. i have resisted getting one of these (i am very cheap & haven't found a deal)

i use the daige much more than the royal sovereign or the seal

maybe it's just me
You can be assured that the more bells and whistles something has on it, more things will go wrong with it.