• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The power of RGB

Colin

1. Stare at the red star on the girl’s nose for a good 30 seconds.

2. Turn your eyes towards the wall/roof or somewhere else on a plain surface.

3. Keep blinking your eyes!

4. Tell me what you see!

Attachments

• RGB.jpg
    RGB.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Another of my favorites that is similar. It's an animated gif.... stare at the black dot. After about 15 seconds it changes - it will appear as color when it's actually black and white.

Attachments

• johnsadowski_castle_anim.gif
    johnsadowski_castle_anim.gif
    98.5 KB · Views: 80

genericname

Love that effect. Basically has to do with how our eyes and brain are wired to eachother. The brain is constantly trying to fill in gaps left by the eyes, to point that if it interprets an image for long enough, it thinks it should still be there, even when looking away from that image, hence the after image.

The colour is a different effect. Our eyes send signals to the brain that are not only inverted vertically, but with inverted colours as well. It's actually the brain that interprets these colours as those that we "see", and applies its own colour scheme to what we see, instead of what the eyes tell the brain we're seeing.

Science!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
That's pretty impressive but I was disappointed the dress showed up in my afterimage....

wayne k
guam usa