Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The scams are getting crazy ...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by xxaxx, Aug 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    I received this in my inbox over the weekend ... seems a bit over the top to me, but I could see some little old grannies falling for this.

Hi,I am Ashley,

I'm diagnosed with esophageal cancer, because it went unnoticed I have had to undergo a laryngectomy.I have decided to donate my money to you.I am also donating my body after i am gone for research.I want this last act of mine to be an offering to GOD and humanity.
    send a note back with this ref. SvaSo so i know you got this.

I know I don't know you. God bless you abundantly,

Ashley Sofia Mcbain
    sofiamcbain_cse@yahoo.com.hk

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    A little English/grammar lesson with these jokers would go a long way at convincing me they're real. One typed like that I know is a scam hardly even seeing it.

3. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Its interesting that it comes from a .hk (Hong Kong) email address, I thought they were mostly localized to Africa. Is the trend starting to spread? If so the scams might start getting much more legit in the near future.