• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Signmaker's Assistant

artsnletters

i got it for my kids years ago but it got misplaced somewhere along the line. It was a cool book for the lil ones.
Tim

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looks good.

As a wee little one, my favorite was "Mr. Pine's Mixed Up Signs" from the 60's. My original copy was so tattered that I bought one of the "original" (old) versions on ebay for future grandchildren.

Anybody remember that one?

Last edited:

dlndesign

Awesome! I'll have to check out "Mr. Pine's Mixed Up Signs", thanks James. Let me know what you think of it, I'll post back once we read it.

James Burke

Awesome! I'll have to check out "Mr. Pine's Mixed Up Signs", thanks James. Let me know what you think of it, I'll post back once we read it.

Here's my synopsis of Mr. Pine's:

It's about a signwriter who loses his glasses and has a ton of work to get installed. He continues on sans-spectacles and mayhem ensues all over town. I still get a kick out of it, and I think there's a deeper story in there for adults.

From the sounds of it, it appears as though it might have been the inspiration for Signmaker's Assistant.

Last edited:

James Burke

why do I here a "some day you'll understand" spoken in a parental tone :wink:

Heck...I KNOW there's a deeper meaning in that story for the adults. We often muddle through life...making a complete mess of things as we go...and it seems we've left our "glasses" somewhere...but we just don't know where...

And then...sooner, or later...we catch a glimpse of reality...make corrections...and life is good again.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the story, but it's that way it is with my life, at times.

Thanks, iSign!

American & Proud

Thanks, I ordered a used hardcover edition that was only 8.43 and available through amazon prime fullfilled by amazon.

The kid in me will enjoy it.