Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the simple elegance of the takeup reel

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Valentino, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I just got a takeup reel for my VJ1204 (Thanks Derf!)

I cannot believe how simple these things are....it truly amazes me, I've sat in front of my printer for 20 minutes watching it work. lol.

I dunno if you all have time like I do, but It such a neat piece of machinery.

Tags:
  2. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Awesome Valentino !

I am thinking about getting one . Where did you get it from ?

3. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    From Derf, he was selling it here on the forums.

4. Color Dude

Color Dude Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Take Up reels are a must these days if you plan on running very long prints. The VJ take up reel is simple and works perfectly.

5. SignsRus

SignsRus Member

Nov 8, 2007
    I couldn't imagine not having a take up reel =O. Every night before I come home I go through all our orders, and try to print as much as possible. This way when the production guys come in for the morning they have stuff to do right away.

6. txsurfer

txsurfer Member

Oct 29, 2005
    Texas
    I have a question for take up reel users, we do alot of printed die cut vinyl on our SP540V, do the take up reels back up, so you can cut. Currently I have a rigged up a basket, to catch the sheets so I can run all night.

7. SignsRus

SignsRus Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Interesting question. If I wanted the machine to pull the material back off the take up reel, I guess I could just unlock the reel, so it could pull it back off.

So I guess in theory it could