• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The sound is making me crazy!!!

PS4252

ok, recently purchased an Epson SureColor S80600L Just installed. The ringing is constant, loud and annoying!! Bad enough I have tinnitus. You would think one noise would block out the other, but no! I think it is the fan? The installer says that is normal. Normal?! Can't be. Anyone have similar issue or suggestions? I have contacted Epson. They are reviewing the (video) of the noise. o_O

JBurton

Signtologist
Once the tinnitus sets in and you lose that range, you won't even notice!
Source: ran a router from 14 to 20 without any hearing protection, so you could 'hear when something goes wrong'.

gnubler

Here's a suggestion if it becomes absolutely unbearable...

1688600067821.jpeg

CanuckSigns

Wierd our s80600 is dead silent when it's running, when I first got it I thought something was wrong because our previous roland printers all made high pitched wirring noises as the print head moved back and forth.

danno

I have operated 2 different s80's. The first one Epson came and replaced the fan. It just changed the pitch. They also couldn't figure out how to resolve the issue. The one I am currently operating is in a smaller work area. The fan seems louder. Epson said it is normal. One tech couldn't hear the noise.

swordguy3222

Wierd our s80600 is dead silent when it's running, when I first got it I thought something was wrong because our previous roland printers all made high pitched wirring noises as the print head moved back and forth.
Same, I have 3 running at the same time. Aside from drying fan no noise coming from machine.

PS4252

Once the tinnitus sets in and you lose that range, you won't even notice!
Source: ran a router from 14 to 20 without any hearing protection, so you could 'hear when something goes wrong'.
If only it was the same pitch of my tinnitus. Radio up!

PS4252

I have operated 2 different s80's. The first one Epson came and replaced the fan. It just changed the pitch. They also couldn't figure out how to resolve the issue. The one I am currently operating is in a smaller work area. The fan seems louder. Epson said it is normal. One tech couldn't hear the noise.
Install tech said it is normal. Not liking todays (Normal). Conversed with Epson. Sent them a video with sound. The reply was "Sounds like it is fixed" Wait, what?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
These machines do make high pitched noise if you're sensitive to that sort of thing. I developed tinnitus in the last 2 years and definitely notice it more.

Neil

Find the fan and disconnect it!
This.
When I first got my Mimaki CJV30 I could not stand the fan noise.
They have a small fan at the end of a "tunnel" full of components - blowing through and making a tin whistle sound.
Ridiculous.

I took the back cover off and unplugged that fan and uncovered part of the "tunnel".
Then I sat a small desktop fan at the back, pointing at the components. When I switch the printer on, I switch the fan on.
Been that way ever since - no problem. Nice and quiet now, apart from the printing noise.

I too have tinnitus and an aversion to anything noisy

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Same! The Roland XR we've had since I've been here, and also an XJ. They are right in line with production (,my) desk. I learned to know after a certain period of hearing the printer started, I'd have so much time before I needed to go spool it up. When we got our Epson s80600... It's sooo quiet, and fast... Well, let's just say I've gotten really good at trying to spool up a print that has several feet piling up on the floor.

PS4252

This.
When I first got my Mimaki CJV30 I could not stand the fan noise.
They have a small fan at the end of a "tunnel" full of components - blowing through and making a tin whistle sound.
Ridiculous.

I took the back cover off and unplugged that fan and uncovered part of the "tunnel".
Then I sat a small desktop fan at the back, pointing at the components. When I switch the printer on, I switch the fan on.
Been that way ever since - no problem. Nice and quiet now, apart from the printing noise.

I too have tinnitus and an aversion to anything noisy
maybe I will try after warranty is done. Thanks!

PS4252

Same! The Roland XR we've had since I've been here, and also an XJ. They are right in line with production (,my) desk. I learned to know after a certain period of hearing the printer started, I'd have so much time before I needed to go spool it up. When we got our Epson s80600... It's sooo quiet, and fast... Well, let's just say I've gotten really good at trying to spool up a print that has several feet piling up on the floor.
Feed the machine to keep it quite!