• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The ValueJet 1617H Demo Unit Has Arrived at GRS

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The new Mutoh ValueJet 1617H has arrived at GRS. We will be assembling the printer next week for our Open House May 30 - June 1st. Below are some highlights of the new 1617H over its predecessor the 1608HS.

• ½” Media Thickness
  • Updated media feed system able to move boards up to 33lbs
  • Optional White ink available
  • Prints up to 300sfph
  • MP Ink using an integrated hot air drying system
  • Mutoh VSM Compatible

For more information on the ValueJet 1617H visit our website, send us an e-mail sales@thegrs.com or give us a call 888-477-8465
http://www.thegrs.com/shop.net/Prod...=&desc=Mutoh-ValueJet-1617H-Hybrid-64"&key=it

Attachments

• VJ-1617-MicGirl.jpg
    VJ-1617-MicGirl.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 184
  • VJ-1617H_image-girlsplash.jpg
    VJ-1617H_image-girlsplash.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 146

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member

Attachments

• IMG_0261.png
    IMG_0261.png
    651.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0332.png
    IMG_0332.png
    735.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0248.png
    IMG_0248.png
    695.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0300.png
    IMG_0300.png
    620 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0312.png
    IMG_0312.png
    631.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0310.png
    IMG_0310.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0338.png
    IMG_0338.png
    714.4 KB · Views: 166

heyskull

Very Interesting.
Is that a single DX5 head installed in that machine?
It looks like it has the space and the provision for an extra head in there.
What inks it running?

SC

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Sorry for my delayed response, I had to cram two weeks worth of service work into last week so I am in the office this week for the open house. I think I have answered all of the questions. Let me know if you have anymore.

Very Interesting.
Is that a single DX5 head installed in that machine?
It looks like it has the space and the provision for an extra head in there.
What inks it running?

SC
It has the same head that the 1324, 1624, 1638, and 2638 have. It is a newer generation head than the previous one in the last Mutoh Hybrid (1608HS). As far as I know there is no plans of putting an additional head into the unit. They used parts from the VJ-1638 maintenance station assembly on this printer and that is probably why it looks like it could have two heads.

What are the other print speeds? Spec sheet only lists maximum 300sfph @ 360 x 720.
Mutoh hasn’t put the official speeds in any documentation yet, they do have a rough estimate of speeds though. You can check them out here: http://ftp.mutoh.com/Printer Inform...duct Info/1617H Approximate Usable Speeds.pdf

is this a solvent Flatbed printer (not UV)?
if so, how should the substrate be prepared before printing?

The printer is using Mutoh’s MP11 ink set. It is a solvent based ink that dries very quickly under the hot air the printer is constantly blowing. In the attached picture I have circled the part of the printer that is blowing the air down onto the print. There is no prep that has to be done to boards other than removing any static like you would with any UV printers.

how much is the 1617?

The list price on the unit is $49,995.

Attachments

• IMG_0248_updated.jpg
    IMG_0248_updated.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 135

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I wanted to update this thread now that I have gotten a chance to play with the VJ-1617H. I must say this thing is a huge improvement over the previous Mutoh Hybrids and is a really great unit, this is coming from a technician not a sales guy:smile:. The ink dries extremely quickly and the image quality is excellent. We printed on calendared vinyl, coroplast, aluminum, foam board, and acrylic and they all came out looking great. I highly recommend anyone looking into getting into rigid printing take a look at this printer. The updated rubber feed path for the media also makes a big difference in how the media tracks through the printer. If you are in the area and are looking into getting a rigid printer stop by tomorrow or Saturday and take a look at it for yourself. If you can't make it then give us a call and we can arrange a demo for you. Currently we have three units sold and possibly another two just from today.