• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The VJ-1624

KevSign

We got 1 by trade-in other equipment, fast machine, but if you already had EcoSovent or Solvent keep machine get another Latex to take care higher quality without banding.

How much they offer you for Mutoh 1624?

Last edited:

Robert M

Roland

Are you going to trade in that Roland? Mutoh is dealing on trade in equipment right now.
Contact me and I will get you the info

DIEGO

I just bought my yesterday and it is being installed today sofar so good. traded my roland sp300 v. I'm using flexi 10 and wasatch 6.9. does anybody know of a imageing configuration (profiles) for wasatch and VJ1624?

Digital D-Signs

I just bought my yesterday and it is being installed today sofar so good. traded my roland sp300 v. I'm using flexi 10 and wasatch 6.9. does anybody know of a imageing configuration (profiles) for wasatch and VJ1624?

You should try Fellers.com - Not sure if there are any for the 1624 but they do have wasatch profiles.

Digital D-Signs

Current 1604/1614 Valuejet users beware of adding 1624

We have run a 1604 with third party inks for the past 4 yrs with great results. When it could no longer keep up it seemed like a wise choice to add another valuejet due to reduced learning curve, same inkset etc. Upon installation the Fellers tech says Mutoh has reformulated the ink with smaller particles for the new dx7 printhead in the 1624. We were spending about 3 to 4 hundred per week on ink and now that I'm concerned about third party in the new machine we're well over 1000. We were aware of the following but buyer beware: None of the print profiles are useable between the 1604/1614 and the 1624. This means noticeable output differences from one printer to another. Also, the 1624 will not run from Flexi 8 which could be a big deal and huge expense for some. This last bit may seem trivial but there is an external fan on the rear of the 1624 that makes this machine louder than the 1604 when it is not printing, especially in smaller spaces.
Other than that... the 1624 prints faster, the new SO dithertype is quick and accurate, and it is a bit quieter while printing. Once I can get some cheaper ink I'll be very happy.