• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Then there's snow.................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I live about 3 miles back off the main road. This last snow, I have to give our snowplows an extra mention for their efforts. Because of them, I can still make it to the main road.... then to work. They're expecting more this weekend with a storm brewing that might dump even more on us next Tuesday..... Oh Boy !!

High Snow.jpg

Ouch...........

Fanaticus

WOW! Where do the plows put it? Here in wisconsin they put it right in front of your driveway and mailbox..... but I can't imagine it THAT deep.

w2csa

Just got off the phone with friend in northern Minnesota.

He said that since early this morning the snow has been falling heavily and it is nearly waist high.
The temperature is dropping below zero and the north wind is increasing,
and his wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window.

He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

andy

Why are the cars on the wrong side of the road?

I heard that the reason why we drive on the left (correct) side of the road is due to the preferences of medieval knights.

Most people are right handed.. that'd be your sword hand. Wearing your sword on your left hip and drawing it diagonally across your body is the most ergonomic way to fight with a sword on horseback. When knights were riding down paths they always kept to the left hand side so that anyone coming towards them would be parallel to their stronger sword hand.

The Japanese also drive on the left (correct) side of the road and they share a history of sword wielding daring do.

So there you are, we drive on the left (correct) side of the road because it's the most effective way to chop you in half with a broad sword:Cool 2:

MikePro

then how come in "A Knight's Tale" and other Jousting movies, do I see the Knight riding on the right side of the divider, wielding his Jousting stick in his left?

SignosaurusRex

Yep, I say he's busted, not his photo, and most likely NOT real. How could all that snow have been blown off the road, where is it?

Wow, thanks for Photoshop!

It's real, the Snow Corridor in Japan. That's what Chinook Pass here in Washington looks like some years. 30 feet of snow at times that has to be plowed to open the highway in the spring.

wes70

then how come in "A Knight's Tale" and other Jousting movies, do I see the Knight riding on the right side of the divider, wielding his Jousting stick in his left?

Maybe because the movie was made in America? Don't know...just saying.

Prairieboy

:omg2:I thought you would like to see some great snow pics :Canada:

Attachments

• snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 99
  • snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 85
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 89

"Deposit Please"

I'd hate to see that kinda snow in a urban environment. We are suppose to get 1 to 2 feet of snow here in the next couple days, but that's just a dusting compared to the pics. Nice pics by the way..

GVP

When jousting, a knight holds the lance in his right hand and it points across his body to the left side of the horse - so they joust "on the right" of divider.