• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thermoflex Easy peel maybe, but easy weed not so.

John L

I recently bought a roll of thermoflex plus ez weed from fellers. I love the soft feel of the installed product, love the ease of pressing, especially love the easy peel.

As a first time user of the material... Can I ask, is this stuff supposed to be so difficult to weed? The clear carrier sheet has the sticky, and it's really sticky..so sticky it takes skill to not ruin the legend while weeding.

I've read everywhere how this is the go to product for tiny letters and logos. Im just having a tough time seeing this as usable for that.

Is it possible I have an old roll? Or is this the way it is?

datablitz

i use the regular thermoflex plus all the time, and the backing is pretty sticky, but it makes it easier to weed in my opinion other than your arm constantly getting stuck to the backing. i thought the ez weed was supposed to not be sticky so you could stack weeded transfers. maybe i mis-read it. ive never torn into a design with the regular stuff, it is good for small stuff, except for the occasional problem with it not cutting out a full letter due to not following through the end of the cut all the way, and it tries to lift small letters or pieces with it. but overall its easier to weed smaller stuff compared to regular vinyl for sure.

g&eprinting

That is why it is extra sticky so it will hold onto the small pieces but too small of letters really melt them in so everything catches fibers. Hit it twice.

If it's leaving almost a clear film behind the roll is old or has been too hot and cold.
You'll see an extra clear film on some parts especially edges of weeded area and it will be even harder to weed but still works.

DazzaBling

I recently bought a roll of thermoflex plus ez weed from fellers. I love the soft feel of the installed product, love the ease of pressing, especially love the easy peel.

ThermoFlex Plus Easy Weed: Does not have a sticky backing
E-Z Weed is a version of our best selling ThermoFlex Plus:
that is manufactured without the self-adhesive liner.

E-Z Weed backing is not tacky, allowing weeded designs to be conveniently stacked for future use. This product is great for doing pre-cut team lettering and numbers.

ThermoFlex Plus: Has a sticky backing

ThermoFlex® Plus is a durable polyurethane based material that is highly flexible. It has a soft hand and strong grip and if applied properly will outlast the life of the garment.