Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

These turkeys got lucky!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Mosh, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    This is my "backyard" One of these guys are my wife's family bird tomorrow. (these pic were taken last feb) I supply the bird, but don't go up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tags:
  2. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    Mosh your backyard looks pretty cool, it's tough seeing the turkeys. I hope the bird that your cooking is not from last February.
    Did you already shoot a turkey or are you going to shoot it tomorrow.

J.R. :)

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Freezer. I have deer, hog, pheasant, lots of stuff in there. You think the turkey you buy in the store was killed yesterday? The best part is the guy down the road leases his property out for hunting. Well these morons come in from the "big city" all dressed in camo, pay $1,000's to sit out in the cold to shoot a turkey. Then I hop in my truck, drunk as a skunk, drive out in my feild and get a turkey in like 5 minutes. I always tell these hunters Davie Crocket didn't have all that camo crap on.

4. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    Well it depends where we buy our turkey from. If We get it from the supermarket it's frozen no clue how long. But if you get it from Helgers farm they will kill it for you . Or I could ask permission from Mr. Chase which owns the farm across the street if I could go hunting on his property and I could bag a turkey and not for $1000. You Should make a sign saying turkey hunting. And sell some time.

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    It is a big deal around here leasing property for hunting. Land that is not good for anything people are getting big money leasing it out to outfitters. I don't want a bunch of people on my propety, and don't need the extra money. Fresh bird would be the best, but I had this one in there so...The key on hunting turkeys is to shoot them in the head, most guys go fo a body shot to make sure they get it. Then you have the shot in the meat. Most of the time I can get 20 yards from a turkey and hit it with my .22. No shotgun needed.

6. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd take their money and then...well did anyone see Eating Raoul?

7. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    You can shoot a Turkey in the ahead With a 22, that is good shooting Mosh.
    Depends on what time of the year I could go in my front yard and wack a Turkey in the head with a bat. You just got to watch out for the Tom's. Sometimes they stand in your front yard all day pecking at your car.

8. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    That's just wrong.

9. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Eating Raoul is a wierd show, but cool.
    Depends on how many beers I have had if I an get a turk in the head with a 22. 1-3 none, 4-7 as many as I wish, over 7 beers watch out.....did I mention have a 50 round clip on a semi-auto 22

10. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    Mosh hunting with you must be like hunting with Dan Quayle. Or I think it was Dan Quayle that shot someone in the face while hunting.

11. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Wonder what you'd get with my friends 100 round full auto :) I don't believe it's been fired outside the Bronx.

12. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    I'll tell you what you'll get, you get a nasty tasteing Turkey for Thanksgiving.
    And a lot of broken teeth.

JR. :)

13. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    You are thinking of Dick Cheneye (sp) and they where hunting pheasants. BTW turkeys don't have teeth silly!!!

14. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    The Moosh can not tell a lie. I feed these turkeys grain and potein pellets all year, so they are almost tame. Same with the deer, foxes and other critters on our place. Not any worse than commercialy raising them, at least they get to run free. I don't shoot the ones that let us pet them, only the ones that don't.

BTW they taste better when they eat my mix over just feeding in the wild!

15. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I like my meat from the wild better than most, but when it comes to Turkey.....I'll stick to store bought.

16. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    No kidding. You can't get a Butterball out of a cornfield.

17. B-RAD Graphics

B-RAD Graphics Member

Nov 16, 2009
    hey mosh is it true you have to shoot in the head..caz it wont penetrate thru there feathers?..well at least a shotgun...o yeah and they are stupid birds LOL at my shop 1o of them dam near walked rt in my shop hahaha