Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They make it but I can't find it

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by sardocs, Jul 1, 2009.

1. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    Hi folks - anyone know this typeface? I've looked at so many fonts they are all beginning to look the same......

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Closest I can find are : Vigor DT Semi Bold 500 and Manual Slab-Medium Tf

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Good news and bad news ...

The good news is that the font is a positive match in my database for The Serif 6 Semibold by FontFont. The bad news is that a search for the font under that name turns up empty at fontfont.com, MyFonts.com and Google.

You might want to skim through the displayed fonts at fontfont.com to see if it is something they have but renamed.

4. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    Thanks you guys. The closest match I can find is "Rockwell Normal". If I modify the a's and the e's I think it will be so close they won't care. If they do I'll buy the Serif Basic. How come, for 15 years when I did all my signs by hand, all I needed was my own "Tom-Block", "Tom-Script", and "Tom-Casual", and now with computers 4,442 typefaces isn't enough?

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  6. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio