• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thick vinyl for stickers

dtdm

They were printed, kiss cut (probably maybe 2 hours or more after printing).
Then scrap vinyl was weeded.
They are in the middle of my workshop. Not direct sunlight. It did get pretty hot and humid with all the rain last week. But at the same time the AC has been on... Not over 85 degrees. :thankyou:

Bill Modzel

If you were printing a heavy ink deposit, the 2 hour rest before cutting would be pushing it. I would have waited 24 hours myself.
I've cut Oracal 3164 and 3621 too quickly and had both of them curl off the backing.

dtdm

I have had things curl the moment I have cut them... But this curled nearly 15 days later.

What print profile are you using in flexi? (if you use flexi)

I was on fdc matte.

splizaat

What vinyl profile is everyone using on bigFish's 5mil vinyl? Ordered a roll today for the sp300 :) Just curious if anyone could give me a starting point on profile to use that works well with this?

Thanks so much in advance,
Matt

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks guys for all the great responses on my vinyl, any help for a profile for Splizaat would be sweet! Anyone who hasnt given this product a shot is missing out, no other vinyl is this thick or prints this nice for only $0.12 a sq.ft thats for sure!

Speedsterbeast

This is good info. I posted the same question a while back. I used Oracal 3165 3.75 mil.
It worked well, but I would still prefer thicker. 5 Mill sounds good.
I'll keep the infor for next time.

ebproco

I found some "bumper sticker vinyl" at JSI Sign Supply. Part # 222 or 223. One is a stronger adhesive than the other. I couldn't tell you how thick it is, but I don't need to cover it with anything and it applies nicely.

mx88

I use the bumper sticker material from jsi and it works well for me plain or with a thin laminate.