• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thin lines - AutoCad?

BlueSpot

Hi.

My plan is to print evacuation signs in spot colors on my gerber.

The problem:

The customer is an architect firm, and the files I got from them is in .pdf
But I think its made in AutoCad, everything is built up of thin lines and small pieces...its a mess and the lines is to thin to print.

Anyone know what to do?
It will probably take 2 hours to fix each sign before printing...and its 30 signs :frustrated:

The attached pic(upscaled) is just one of the small symbols on the sign.

Attachments

• alarm_thinlines.jpg
    alarm_thinlines.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Tony Teveris

I would say you are correct the original came from AutoCAD.

If it looks good on the screen maybe you could "convert to image" or save as a B/W image and then do a raster to vector, then re assign colors?

visual800

I would do NOTHING and make them do it OR charge them enormous amounts to redo it.
The smaple oyu are showing looks to be mnothing more than a radiused rectangle with type and circle I could recreate that less than 5 minutes, do the other signs look like this? if they do you will have no problems if your skilled

visual800

Of course I see they chose some "off the wall" font as opposed to helv or arial....of course they did they are architects and everything has to be difficult

Attachments

• alarm_thinlines.jpg
    alarm_thinlines.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 131

BlueSpot

I think I will make them fix it yes, they probably have everything in layers.

It`s easy to recreate just that pictogram yes, but it`s 30 different signs with many thin lines an pictograms.

(Tnx for the tip Tony, but its to thin lines :/)

Attachments

• evacuationplan.jpg
    evacuationplan.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 135

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you have Illustrator and are just printing these:
Select the objects (select all) and go to Object>Flatten Transparency & adjust it so that everything is the max it can be for vectors. (save this as a preset!) Then, un-group the objects. Now select an object of a particular color, then go to Select>Same>Fill Color. Now, go to your Pathfinder Pallete & "unite" (first option). Repeat until all colors of objects are now one solid object.

Chances are, this customer just has AutoCad & cannot provide you with anything much better than they sent you already. I do this process weekly on firetruck schematics that I have to colorize...