• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things I did when I was younger & dumber

When I was about 10 years younger, and a lot more fearless (stupider) than I am now.
I would do whatever it took to just get the job done. Showed it to my boss afterwards, and he said "Don't show me stuff like that!"
Older & wiser now, would never do it again, but just found these pix while cleaning out my hard drive, and thought people here might appreciate it.

Attachments

• Dumb Idea.jpg
    Dumb Idea.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 525

ProSignTN

I wouldn't do this one again. Hauled this 32' steel structure on a 16' trailer beind that little 93 Toyota behind the sign. It was only about 2 miles, no red lights.
The funny thing was the owner wanted to dig his own hole and buy his own concrete. I just brought the sign and the crane to set it. I told him we needed a hole 4' wide, 12' long and 4' deep. He dug me a hole big enough to bury a 4'x4'x12' box and have room to walk around the sides. We set the poles up on blocks and he bought 7 extra yards of concrete.

Attachments

• Shag Rag Transport.jpg
    Shag Rag Transport.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 206

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I wouldn't do this one again. Hauled this 32' steel structure on a 16' trailer beind that little 93 Toyota behind the sign. It was only about 2 miles, no red lights.
The funny thing was the owner wanted to dig his own hole and buy his own concrete. I just brought the sign and the crane to set it. I told him we needed a hole 4' wide, 12' long and 4' deep. He dug me a hole big enough to bury a 4'x4'x12' box and have room to walk around the sides. We set the poles up on blocks and he bought 7 extra yards of concrete.
Dang, that's a tall sign!

ProSignTN

Boudica, these are tall signs. 9 hours in the sky is where I learned to take a pee bottle. Sorry it's the best pic I have. We spent 7.5 hours replacing and rewiring LED's and we were in the basket, "Coming Home James" when electricity does what it does and both batteries on the crane went bad. At least we were warm.

Attachments

• La Quinta - 85ft.jpg
    La Quinta - 85ft.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Sky High Popeye's.jpg
    Sky High Popeye's.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • Take a Pee Bottle.JPG
    Take a Pee Bottle.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
  • 9 hours in the Sky.jpg
    9 hours in the Sky.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164

ProSignTN

By the way, the double stack tow motor pic has been around since well, at least last century. My favorite is a dude in a swimming pool, on an aluminum ladder, with a 120v drill. Yeah, the water is still in the pool and he's using a corded drill.

Redneck Ladder, well that;s me. Really, that's me.

Attachments

• Redneck Ladder.JPG
    Redneck Ladder.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 233

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
By the way, the double stack tow motor pic has been around since well, at least last century. My favorite is a dude in a swimming pool, on an aluminum ladder, with a 120v drill. Yeah, the water is still in the pool and he's using a corded drill.

Redneck Ladder, well that;s me. Really, that's me.
Are you that handsome guy approaching the ATM?