• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things I said I would never do

Reveal1

How much a couple of weeks changes your perspective. Trying to maintain my principles, but in the last several weeks I've;
  1. Removed old wraps instead of telling customers to hire someone else to do it
  2. Eagerly quoted jobs I know I probably won't get
  3. Designed something in the hope I will get the job
  4. Stopped going to church (well, couldn't help that one)
  5. Admitted to my wife I DO have time to help around the house after all
  6. Caught up on my filing
  7. Spent time on Signs 101 responding to crackpot conspiracy theories and mean-spirited politics
  8. Drank alone
Pretty sure #8 was caused by #7

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Haha, Yes. I've started taking orders for yard signs, designed a few on spec. I've lowered my bids so I can get 100% of them.

Reveal1

Yeah, I started felling guilty from one of those threads where everyone says the OP doesn't charge enough for their banners. Started to wish I lived on the coasts where I could charge so much I could retire. On second thought...

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Why else would they have invented the internet if they didn’t want us to argue with strangers and look at pictures of cats?

SignosaurusRex

I never thought that I would...

1. Cancel my Special Season Elk Hunt due to social Distancing.
2. Start going to bed so early.
3. Expend so much time and energy into changing the landscape of my front yard.
4. Stay at least 6' away from everyone as a general rule.
5. Say... "There are too many hours in a day".
6. Purposely protect my sanity by avoiding any form of news for multiple days.

Reveal1

I never thought that I would...

1. Cancel my Special Season Elk Hunt due to social Distancing.
2. Start going to bed so early.
3. Expend so much time and energy into changing the landscape of my front yard.
4. Stay at least 6' away from everyone as a general rule.
5. Say... "There are too many hours in a day".
6. Purposely protect my sanity by avoiding any form of news for multiple days.
Too close to the Elk?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
And even the robocalls have stopped. I find myself wanting to talk to the few sales people who do call.

Yes, here as well. About a week into it, I looked forward to a little "phone sport" and would string telemarketers along just for curious amusement. But I see they're keen to it and no longer stay on the line...bummer.

JB

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I havnt been hungry since the beginning of March. I just wish I could digest my food faster so I could have room for more meals in a day.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Haha, Yes. I've started taking orders for yard signs, designed a few on spec. I've lowered my bids so I can get 100% of them.

You'll never get them all unless you put down the 365 koolaide and work with a printer that office both screen and digital prints... :p:D

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You'll never get them all unless you put down the 365 koolaide and work with a printer that office both screen and digital prints... :p:D

Since you want to mention me, the 365 koolaide still tastes better.

10 Double Sided Coro Digital print signs w/ H stakes
Firesprint - $93.38 (2-day shipping)
Signs365 - $69.90 (1-day shipping)

4'x8' Banner (Single Side)
Firesprint - $55.24 (2-day shipping)
Signs365 - $42.00 (1-day shipping)

Now, if it's 100 signs screen printed you guys have much better pricing, that's where you excel because they don't screen print.

100 Double Sided 1 color Coro w/ H stands
Firesprint - $333.46
Signs365 - $539.00

If it's 100 digital printed you neck and neck at almost the same price.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, you two punch it out, but I can't believe I say I don't drink anymore and still don't during all this BS.

DPD

How much a couple of weeks changes your perspective. Trying to maintain my principles, but in the last several weeks I've;
  1. Removed old wraps instead of telling customers to hire someone else to do it
  2. Eagerly quoted jobs I know I probably won't get
  3. Designed something in the hope I will get the job
  4. Stopped going to church (well, couldn't help that one)
  5. Admitted to my wife I DO have time to help around the house after all
  6. Caught up on my filing
  7. Spent time on Signs 101 responding to crackpot conspiracy theories and mean-spirited politics
  8. Drank alone
Pretty sure #8 was caused by #7
#3 is a killer for me because the few times I've tried it it's come back to haunt me. You want a 10th change to that lettering? Helllpppp!!!!