• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things to make your kids from work?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
My own version of battle shots out of coro.

Attachments

• IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 79

OlsonSigns601

my kids 14, he tried to make a sword out of some scrap pvc, but it ended up looking like a prison shank. gotta give him credit for trying. as for the little kids... bootleged disney graphics make nice static clings for their bedroom windows.

maskman

We have done T-shirts and I have given him a bunch of Scrap vinyl. I have also made him decals ( skulls , etc. ) for his school books and Just recently made my wife a Cross out of chrome and Gold vinyl .

Oh and every school year I make him and a friends daughter a new water bottle .

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 72

ucmj22

I used some leftovers that had been sitting in the basement for the last year to make stencils for the new babies room. (see it here) I still haven't finished the tree yet, but soon. granted, I probably could have painted it by hand, but I felt better stenciling.with the tree, it will look like below.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 9.07.54 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 9.07.54 AM.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 93

MikePro

i still remember the first thing my dad made for me was a painted piece of CNC routed HDU with my name on it in dimensional lettering, along with dimensional helicopter and battleship). still have it today!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First one comes to mind was designing a fake security company and posting on many of the windows at home "CAUTION" grounds electronically enforced with so & so Security and Alarm Systems.

After that.... this was for me...... I had the guys stacking all the left-over application tape into a huge ball. It was probably about 3' round. Took it to my burn pile at home and did that ever give off the neatest light and fire show. Later, we made even bigger ones.

Hand-painted sleds, bicycles, scooters, wagons and all kinds of other toys for kids in the old neighborhood. :cool1:

There are so many home uses for this stuff and we all tend to overlook them.

Last year, I made two large Christmas decorations and put lights in them. This year, the Goddess wants me to make some more.

For parties, I can make customized decorations to hang around the house to help with the theme. Wrap presents with various colors of vinyl. Made labels for cheeses and wine tasting parties. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

The Goddess has a dance studio in the basement and we flatbed printed on Gator-board a 7' x 30' wall with dance or musical themes. The entire studio is 30' x 46' and uses 1/2 the basement. Have all kinds of famous dancers, musicians and other art all around the studio. Printed directly to stretched canvas pieces to replicate paintings and they're just pictures from the internet or our taking our own pictures and printing them off.

• So many things you can do, that don't come under the realm of business, but nice to know someone in the business............ :wink:

Mainframe

My 8 year old is a Zelda freak so he has me make him swords & shields, also I lined his new dresser drawers with a decal of his favorite games etc. I do a lam print and put it on thick polycarb, I round all the edges. He loves them!

I just put a couple of holes through the shield where his hand goes & put a red piece of rope behind so he can hold it.

Attachments

• deku shield final.jpg
    deku shield final.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Dresser.jpg
    Dresser.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Hylan.jpg
    Hylan.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Master_sword.jpg
    Master_sword.jpg