• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things You Can't Get Anymore

Mosh

I remember those, we had them when I was a kid. We had some the fit cans too, only ones with the pull off tabs.

Jillbeans

Kaboom cereal.
It made your milk a hideous color but it was so good.
"Trouble" perfume.
I did get into some trouble when wearing it, the good kind.

Fred we used to get those things that were like a plastic cap with an attached loop looking thing which went around the bottle neck.
The ones we had were in neon colors, I'd ask Mom if there are some in her kitchen drawer but they are probably dry-rotted just like my heart.
Love....Jill

petrosgraphics

penny candy, for a penny!!!!

the old hostess twinkies, the stuff they use now is filled with who knows what, and

the cake part does not dissolve in you mouth... yum, yum........

John L

Bit-o-honey is at our local Cracker Barrel store along with a few others from the past. You might check that out.

I remember the bottle pop savers and the pull-tab canned drink rubber pop-in savers too. Havent seen those in a long while. I really don't remember any of them working all that well though. After you drank some and increased the "compressable" air space inside the container, the drink would just go flat anyways.

I miss chocolate Space Food Sticks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ8HHRR1A0&feature=player_embedded The original snappy, chewy ones in the foil packages. They came out with them again, supposedly re-engineered from the original recipe, but the reinvented version sucks.

I thought it was fabulous that Quisp cereal came back out. For so many years.. I had told my wife all about the little "cup" shaped cereal and the little beanie wearing boy on the box. They came back out a few years ago.. she brought home a box.

I was flat-out camping on cloud nine. She takes one little piece from me and eats it. Turns to me immediately and says "Well, this is just Captain Crunch in the shape of a little cup".

yukon

I miss BUSY SIGNALS! nowadays we're so instantly available with cell phones, call forwarding and call waiting... If you get a busy signal, you think the line is down.

Jillbeans

Yup Quisp and Quake, I remember those too.
And before Lucky Charms had all those charms.

And party lines.
My grandma had one. I remember being about 7 and picking up her phone, and hearing some lady talking to another lady and she said "sh!t" in a sentence.
I was so shocked!

I remember the can toppers too, they never sealed right and somone always knocked over a can of pop in the fridge.
And 'ludes, I never did them, but in art school there was a guy whose nickname was the number imprinted on them. Can't remember what it was but he seemed an amiable fellow.

GypsyGraphics

I miss the Helms bakery trucks... with the long wood draws that pulled out the back and went for miles! All you had to do was put the blue and gold "H" sign in your window and they'd stop in front of your house and honk. Well, that not all you had to do, apparently you were suppose to have your mom permission... and money.

John L

Deliveries were COOL. Bread and Milk, but only when I was just a little guy.

In Alexandria, Va. we had a really good home made ice cream delivery truck (local private label), a Charles Chips potato chip/pretzels/cookie truck, and another private label Charles Chips knock-off guy that had AWESOME chips, doodles, and chocolate chip cookies... melt in your mouth good stuff.

I remember in later years seeing the potato chip guy's house for some reason. He apparently did VERY well as the chip man.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
jill, we have kaboom at our local big lots

we can now get count chocula at tops, but frankenberry is still gone :(

Jillbeans

714 it was!
The guy was like 30 and still going to AIP.
Dave, I occasionally see Frankenberry and Booberry at my local grocery store.
If I see some I will send you a box.